Puppy (New Member)

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Default 5 month gp, just attacked my 6 month cattle dog.

They have been together for3 months. My mom had the gp coco out in our new large run 250x100 I brought the cattle dog Mabel out and coco bit in to her big time hurting my mother in the process. Any ideas of what to do. She hasn't listened good since we brought her home Mabel is way far ahead in training. I know GPS are not like other dogs I have an adult gp and an adult cattle dog that won't except her they both except Mabel. Since the first day gus our adult gp has wanted nothing to do with her. He did that once with a Male mix 9 month old dog I was going to try to train as his owner had not and he was wild but was also aggressive to all men and anyone in uniform. I don't know if gus knew from the start both of them were bad. But I never believed a puppy could start out bad. Help I don't want to have to rehome her.
    Thanks DonnaSue

Old Dawg (Senior Member) WildGrits's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

WildGrits`s Photos

It sounds like the Pyr is territorial. How old is Pyr? Does Mabel live in the same home as Coco?

Puppies are puppies, they cannot be bad.

To be honest, I am having a hard time deciphering your post. It sounds like there are a lot of dogs involved?

"She hasn't listened good since we brought her home Mabel is way far ahead in training" Are you saying that Mabel is well trained but no longer listens? How old is Mabel?

"I know GPS are not like other dogs I have an adult gp and an adult cattle dog that won't except her they both except Mabel." Who is it they don't accept? Does this mean you have 2 Pyrs?
    Melissa AKA Wild Girl Raised in the South