Puppy (New Member)

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Question My dog won't eat herbreakfast!

My female Great Pyrenees, Piper, refuses to eat her breakfast, even if we give her her food 5 minutes late! She has been doing this for quite a while, and only takes two bites and gives up. I take her on long walks, so she gets enough exercise, but that doesn't see to work either! Help!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) WildGrits's Avatar

WildGrits`s Photos

Mine doesnt eat his breakfast till about 5pm. Some just dont eat that much. I free feed so he knows it isnt going anywhere and his sister isnt allowed to eat it.
    Melissa AKA Wild Girl Raised in the South

https://www.facebook.com/Jacques-le-...9794750185103/

Jewel`s Photos

Very common with pyrs not to eat breakfast. My guy is not a big breakfast at all. But since he's an only child, I leave his food down all day. He sometimes will eat at lunch time, sometimes in the afternoon, sometimes the food's still there are dinner time. At dinner I add home cooked to his kibbles so he always eats dinner. Any day he didn't eat any breakfast at all I give him a bigger dinner.

Puppy (New Member)

The breeder we got Lebowski from mentioned that they weren't big eaters. I say it really depends on the day for him... but he usually never eats first thing in the morning. He does enjoy a brunch or lunch - like Jewel, because Lebowski is only 6 months old - I leave his food out for him. He does drink A LOT of water, though. I wouldn't be too concerned over it unless Piper starts to lose weight. You could always check with your vet also to be sure there aren't any other underlying issues.