Puppy (New Member)

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Default Pyr mixed with Golden Retriver

I have a 15 week old Pyr/Golden mix. She is already 30 pounds and doing pretty good. However, when she sleeps she is breathing very heavy. We have both a bed and a thin bed on the floor for her to lay on to stay cool. I'm worried about her breathing. Is this normal? I feel like she is showing many more of the traits of the pyr than the golden.

Angelia

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Shaggys Mom's Avatar

Ingleside, Texas, United States of America

I would ask the vet about this. Is it possible she is snoring? Goldens are wonderful dogs---I have owned 6. And I have been amazed at how many Pyr owners also have a golden. Our present Pyr (our 3rd) snores very loudly, also. And she tens to breath a little heavy while sleeping. She will be 11 in June (adopted her just before she turned 10). Hope y ou can find out if your little one's breathing is normal or not.
    Jerry and Moose

Puppy (New Member)

our dog (breed of Shitzu & Pekingnese) have been snoring but only for a couple of minutes. Is this like us humans that we snore if we are tired? is it still healthy for dogs?

I've had a few dogs snore over the years - all were healthy and happy. My cat snores too - a lot LOL. Unless there are some other issues, and they are fit, healthy animals, I wouldn't worry. You could ask your vet at the next visit, but I wouldn't be making a special trip in unless something else was also seeming "off."