Thread: Nala

Puppy (New Member)

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Default Nala

Hi, everyone!

I am new to the Great Pyrenees world. Recently, my husband and I adopted a puppy (Nala) and were told she was a GP. At her vet appointment, the vet had doubts about her bread. She has a lot of GP traits (ex. double dewclaw), but she has pretty short hair and is smaller for her age. When we had her at the vet at 4 months, she weighed exactly 30 pounds.

The vet guessed that she had some lab in her. She has shorter hair and webbed paws, but I still think she looks like a lot of GP pups that I see. What do you guys think?

We love her no matter what, but I am just curious as to how big she will get.

Thank you!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nala.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	10389  

Jewel`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by klmathew View Post
    vet had doubts about her bread. She has a lot of GP traits (ex. double dewclaw), but she has pretty short hair and is smaller for her age. When we had her at the vet at 4 months, she weighed exactly 30 pounds.!
    She's very cute! Her coat is short compared to a purebred pyr pup. If she has double dew claws then she should be part pyr and with the coat length it is possible she has lab in her.

Puppy (New Member)

Thank you!

She stole our hearts for sure.

She has a lot of GP traits-the double dewclaws, curly raised tail, and is more stubborn than any dog I've ever met (lol).

She just has short hair, very webbed paws, and a few other off traits. So, I wanted to see what some GP owners think.