Young Dawg (Member)

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Default Bear is already protecting at 4 months old

Bear's protective behaviors are already showing at 4 months old. We've had the barking for several months now. But last weekend, I was walking him in the yard. We have about 10 acres and a very long driveway. I decided on a different direction and headed toward the road. As I approached, I noticed that the dog across the street was laying in a different spot by his house than he usually is. I figured the owners tethered him to a new spot. Bear either didn't notice or didn't care. I turned at the edge of the street and started heading back. After a few steps, Bear gave a long, low, menacing (scary!) growl. It immediately made me turn back around. That's when I saw that the other dog was untethered and was more than halfway across the street quietly heading toward us! Bear started barking and my only reaction was to yell out a loud "NO!" The other dog immediately turned and went back to his house.

I, of course, praised Bear and told him how wonderful he is.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Shaggys Mom's Avatar

Ingleside, Texas, United States of America

Loose dogs can be scary. In Feb. my senior pry and I were attacked by 2 pit bulls. She ended up in the hospital from the Attack sat. until Monday afternoon. I a long gash to the gone on my hand, broken finger, puncture wounds---my nad was on her neck when the oen attacked and he got my hand by mistake..
    Jerry and Moose

Young Dawg (Member)

Did you figure out who owns the pits?