Puppy (New Member)

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Default I need help!! Rehoming questions

I am needing to rehome our 2.5 year old pyr. We currently have 2 pyrs, we adopted the 2.5 year old about 1.5 years ago. She has started displaying interdog aggression. This is an incredibly hard thing to do, but we have made this decision so that everyone can live harmoniously. We want Emmy to have a happy life! Emmy has began challenging our other dog, the alpha, and has resulted in interdog aggression. Emmy has been in our home for 1 year.
    Emmy has never displayed aggressive behavior towards a human! She is not aggressive to other animals outside of the home!! She is great with kids and incredibly gentle to our 5 month old daughter, but we can’t risk her attacking our other dog near our daughter.
    Emmy wants to be the alpha dog. We believe she would do best as an only dog. She is up to date on shots and has been spayed. She wants her peoples complete attention. She is a goof ball and a total love bug. She does summersaults on the floor and often doesn’t realize how big she is. She knows lots of commands, is house and crate trained, and very smart.
    She needs a fully fenced yard with lots of playtime. She cannot be off leash outside of the yard. Her breed is notorious for wandering and barking to protect her home.
    This has been the hardest decision and one we never thought we would have to make.
    We are wanting to find the perfect family for her. I wasn't sure if there was anyone on here that currently doesn't have a pyr, but is looking to adopt or who has had one in the past.

A month ago we rehomed her, and they just returned her last night. Their landlord was going to evict them because they are not allowed to have dogs over 50 pounds. I even asked about all of that, so we are very frustrated.

When she is the only dog- She does great! she loves attention, playing, and snuggles. I just don't want to send her to a shelter and risk her being put down just because they both want to be the dominant dog.

Puppy (New Member)

Current Great Pyrenees Owner