Puppy (New Member)

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Default Tumor at base of tail

10 year old male with golf ball size tumor where tail joins back bone. Anyone have experience with similar?

Pjg8r`s Photos

Athena had something that sounds similar. The vet said it was more common in males (I donít know why). It was not malignant but did get to be tennis ball size. We did not remove it. There isnít much skin in that area and there was concern an incision wouldnít heal. It did not appear to bother her.

Puppy (New Member)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Pjg8r View Post
    Athena had something that sounds similar. The vet said it was more common in males (I donít know why). It was not malignant but did get to be tennis ball size. We did not remove it. There isnít much skin in that area and there was concern an incision wouldnít heal. It did not appear to bother her.
    Thank you. It was scary to find and most info I could find was cancers. Vet appointment next week and the waiting is hard. Patou is a wonderful old soul who has been with us since we started our farm 9 years ago. He slowed down some with the heat this summer, but otherwise has been in excellent health. 🤞🏻