Thread: Debit Card

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Shaggys Mom's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Ingleside, Texas, United States of America

Default Debit Card

We just ordered new personalized debit cards and had Princes Jewels picture put on them. We had been using the ones with Sir Moose and Sophie. Was able to line the picture up just perfect where nothing is in front of her face. this is the picture we choseClick image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4673.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	10265
    Jerry and Moose

Old Dawg (Senior Member) PyrDad's Avatar

PyrDad`s Photos

We would be better able to tell you if we approve if you were to take a pic of the entire front and the three digits on the back.....just sayin'
    The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Shaggys Mom's Avatar

Ingleside, Texas, United States of America

Quote Originally Posted by PyrDad View Post
    We would be better able to tell you if we approve if you were to take a pic of the entire front and the three digits on the back.....just sayin'
    LOL, I think you will just have to go by her picture! We have just been thru a big mess. I ordered checks online, as always thru my bank. Well, they didn't come, didn't come, didn't come, so early last week we went to the bank to find out why they had not arrived. It is a small branch of a federal credit union here in out little town and they know us by sight, of course. Well, he managed checked and found they checks had been sent out July 27. No finding out where they went, where they were. Our mail service in this town is CRUMMY. We often get mail for other folks in our box,. Christmas a couple of years ago hubby went out to walk Sir Moose and there were 4 Christmas cards up against our front door that had been put in someone else box---we have cluster boxes at the end of the street. A few years ago the little girl living 2 houses down brought me a piece of mail of mine she had found on the other leg of our U shaped street----a jury duty summons. Our box is straight down this leg of the street so probably was put in box at the end of the othr leg.

So to be safe we put a stop on all the checks in that folder of checks. Here we ran into trouble. Our social security checks and hubby's little VA disability check are automatically deposited into that account, and our Medicare supplement and drug coverage is taken from that account. In order that nobody could possibily get to them, (SS was deposited this week) we had to put a freeze on that account. Money can be put in but none taken out with going directly thru our branch of the credit union.A new account had to be opened. The managed filled out and sent in the change of account directly to the social security but that could take up to a month. We had to take care of the VA, and contact United Health Care about the supplement and drug coverage withdrawals.

Hubby got hold of the VA and they said this most likely it would be fixed on their end until the deposit for this month was made, but next month should be okay. I contacted United Health care and explained to them what was going on, and darn if two days ago I didn't get coupons and envelopes to mail in payments for the rest of the year. So I spent an hour on the phone getting that straightened out and had to fill out a form that was with the coupons. Our SS checks were deposited in the frozen account and we had to go to the bank and get them money switched over to the new account. Will have to do the same with the VA check. Then wait til next month and see if both government offices have it straight and the money coming to the right account. And still, have to wait and see if the UHC has it straight and if not, I will have to send in another check and wait til the next month.

Okay, and here is a kicker. The bank manager ordered new checks for us. The folder fits very neatly in our mailbox. Have ordered them for years. Well, yesterday morning I went out the front door---which we rarely use. Keep the car in the garage so just go from kitchen to garage, open the garage door get the car out, shut it, come back, open it, put the car in and come into the house thru the kitchen. During the day we usually leva the garage door up to keep it cooler. I just go in and out that way. Well, yesterday morning for some reason I went out the front door and there was two packages propped up against the wall. Had been deliverd by Fed-ex. Brought them in--dang if it wasn't our new checks. For some reason they had been sent by fed-ex and not the post office this time. I have no idea how long they had been sitting out there, maybe a day or two.

There was a time when the post office was reliable, and when packages brought to your home were delivered to you and not just left on your porch. There have been times I heard the doorbell ring and before I could get there, the driver was driving off--only rang the bell ONCE. You would think they would ring 3-4 times to see if someone was there. The teller at the bank said they live back off the road on 5 acres, but have a really good driveway---but fed-ex would leave packages out propped up against the mail vox, never even come to the house. UPS did, but not Fed-ex. She called and laid into them about, anybody driving down the road could stop and take the packages propped up against a mailbox at the side of the road.
    Jerry and Moose