Puppy (New Member)

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Default Eye - Pinked Rimmed

I hope this posting finds everyone well. I have recently adopted two puppies, they are brothers, and are 12 weeks old. One of the puppies has pink vs black rimmed eyes. I was wondering if its going to turn black as he ages. It looks like he has an eye infection... Thank you all for your Reponses in advance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image-1.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	10241

Puppy (New Member)

Quote Originally Posted by erikarreola View Post
    I hope this posting finds everyone well. I have recently adopted two puppies, they are brothers, and are 12 weeks old. One of the puppies has pink vs black rimmed eyes. I was wondering if its going to turn black as he ages. It looks like he has an eye infection... Thank you all for your Reponses in advance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image-1.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	10241
    Anyone at all?

Jewel`s Photos

Pup's still very young so the missing pigmentation could fill in. Not for sure but possible.

Are your puppies going to be LGDs or companions? I ask because same gender pairings sometimes don't work out because it isn't uncommon for same gender aggression in this breed. It doesn't matter if the pups are siblings or grow up together. However, with working dogs if there is enough space, it could alleviate the possibility of same gender issues.