Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Young Dawg (Member)

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

The fashion here is for really light-coloured Golden Retrievers -- so my (fairly slim) Pyrie gets mistaken for a giant one.

My usual response is "throw a ball and see what happens".

Old Dawg (Senior Member)

my goat wont fetch but will play soccer...my real goat that is

(Bek grew up with the pyrs, for a short period as a kid, maybe he thinks he is a dog)

The pyrs will scoff at the ball, rather regally too.

Old Dawg (Senior Member)

Quote Originally Posted by pyr haven View Post

The pyrs will scoff at the ball, rather regally too.
    I am sort of shocked that my pyr plays fetch. I mean, he clearly does it to humor us like a parent with a toddler, and he will only do it about 5 times in a row. He fetches regally, too. My last aussie would always look at us quizzically, like why did you throw that? She had zero fetch skills.

Now with my first aussie, a petsitter once sent her tween son to play fetch in the backyard "until Kismet didn't want to anymore." The child tried to oblige, petsitter came out later to find Kismet unable to stand, dragging herself across the yard army style to fetch as long as he would throw, because she was no quitter. Kismet was actually sick for a full day after that, petsitter and son were so apologetic. I appreciate that Max would think it ridiculous to fetch a ball to the point of even mild discomfort.