Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: New member

  1. #1
    Puppy (New Member)

    Current Great Pyrenees Owner

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1

    Default New member

    Hello, I adopted a Pyrenees mix in December at 7 weeks. His name is Milo, he is currently about 4 1/2 months old. I had him DNAd and he is 77% Great Pyrenees, the other 23% is an equal mix of Siberian husky, collie, and Rottweiler. He's been wonderful so far, a bit reserved with strangers and a little Barky, but smart, playful, and a great buddy. His coat is currently short, not much undercoat. I hope it stays that way, but I understand that could change? Living in New Mexico, he'd be better off with a short coat. We've completed puppy class and on our second training class.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	10109Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	10110

  2. #2
    Old Dawg (Senior Member) Jewel's Avatar

    Current Great Pyrenees Owner

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,912
      Jewel`s Photos

    Default

    Congrats Milo is very cute indeed! I think his coat length will stay on the short side kinda like husky length but it will probably thicken up when he's older. The long coated ones typically are born with a much fluffier coat.

    Here's my dude as a pup. My guy carries a full pyr coat as an adult.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0519.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	10112

  3. #3
    Old Dawg (Senior Member) Shaggys Mom's Avatar

    Current Great Pyrenees Owner

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ingleside, Texas, United States of America
    Posts
    536

    Default

    Hello and welcome to you and your cute little guy. We l;ive in Tedas on the coast and get pretty warm here, but our Pyrs do just fine with their longer coat.
    Jerry and Moose

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •