Old Dawg (Senior Member) Shaggys Mom's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Ingleside, Texas, United States of America

Default JEWEL an I Attacked by Pit Bulls

PRINCESS JEWEL IS IN THE HOSPITAL! I HAD A TRIP TO EMERGENCY ROOM.

this afternoon was so pretty and warm and I decided to take her for a walk. she was so excited when she saw me with her leash. she had been acting a silly girl all day, zoomies with one of her toys, and of all things chasing her tail., somthing I would not expect of a Pyr her age (almost 10)

Put her leash on her and we went out the door. We live on a U shaped street at the bend at the top of the left leg. Back om Dec. 11 I had walked down to the mailbox at the end of the street and was walkimg back when a pit bull came after me.hey had 2 chained in the fromt. Have a 12 foot or so chain hooked to something in garage and then two 6 foot ones on the othjer end to for, a Y with a dog on each end. I was walking along looking at my mail when out of the corner of my eye I saw one of the, running at ,e and could hear the snarls

As he grabbed for my leg I jerked it and he got a mouth full of my pant leg and ripped it. His owner was in garage and ran oiut screaming for him and he did run back towards her, then turned a charged me again. Well lomg story short neighbors are are scared of those dogs. I will not walk to mail box that way, but go around the long way.

When I was taking Princess Jewel for her walk, we went that way so as not to go past that house with the two pit buills tied out fromt. I am just to scared of them. We had got to the third house down and Dina was in her garage and came out to say hi and meet Princess Jewel. We were in her driveway at the garage entrance when a pit bull came running out to us. I grabbed Jewels collar to keep her close. Dina said that the dog had dig out again. He seemed friendly enough and Princess Jewel was actually just ignoring him. But then a 2ed one came charging and went right fir Jewel;s neck--and got my hand where I had hold of her collar. Then the first one went after her.

IT WAS HORRIBLE. THEIR SNARLS AND POOR JEWELS SCREAMS/ She tried to get away and actually slipped her collar and they were just all over her, I was beating the, with her leash and Dina had something beating the, but it did no good. She was down on her side and one was going at her head, the other at her back legs. Her screams and our screams brought out the couple on the other side of the pit owners (who live next to Dina and the guy had a piece of wood, like the picket off a fence and he started beating the, with it to get the, off poor Jewel---who didnt\'t even attempt to fight back, just get away, Well, they backed off and she went to get up and they were on her again.The wife of the guy who had the board called 911 about a vicious dog attack.

He got them to back off a 2ed time and Jewel went to get up and they were on here again. This time he broke the goard on one their head.She was up against the house and he got between her and them, with that board and when they made a step he poked them with it. Then the police arrived and managed to get them in the back of the patrol car and then Animal control arrived and then EMS. Not sure who called them. I had blood pouring from my left hand, my right hand was bloody, blood all on my shirt and sometime whi,le fihting the off Jewel, I had lost a tennis shoe (I had kicked the in the head) and it was all bloody.

Police, Animal Comtrol, took pics of my hands, shirt and of Primcess Jewel. I was shakimg so bad EMS wanted to take me to the ER but I said no, I had ti get Primcess Jewel to the hospital. One of the officees walked me and Jewle hiome and I called my vet, tho hospital is closed. Anjswering servuice got hold of him and he came in to meet us, We had to leave her there to drive over to nmext town to ER Blood had dried all over my hands and had to be soaked off and x-rays taken of bothj hands. left hand has small pumcture on middle finmger, but right hand got the worse. The doc said they do not like to stitch dog bites, but mine was so gapimg he put 4 widely spaced sutures to try tp keep it from, gapimg so much and to cut back on bleedig. Also told me to get into a hand ortjhoppedist ASAP, He put a splint on my ring finger and have hand all bandaged up. Hard to type one handed and use only poinmting finger on right hand with all this bandage and splimt catching keys

Called our vet from the ER and he wants to keep Princess for a few days. Has losts of pumncture wounds on ears and head and I think a couple on her snout, She had peed on herself and was covered in grass and dirt. He isn't sure about all other othjer bites. She was so traumatized that he decided to dose her heavy with anibiotics, put her in heated unit and Jerry thought sedate her, and then up and go over her with fine tootj comb. Wasn't sure how she could handle a lot more done to her today, God bless her sweet heart.

We were just standing there and /Dina was talkimg to me and Primncess Jewel was just standng there on her leash and those damn pit bulls do this to her. She didn't' even attempt to foght back, just wemt dowm when they hit her ad tried to get away,. scareaming, not fightijng.,. I would say they attacked her for 15 minutes if not lomger and her not even fighjting back I want those dogs to burn in Hell. By the way, the Animal Conmtrol did take the, and Dina said she didnt' thinkl they had had their shots. She gave me the name of the owners.
    Jerry and Moose

Jewel`s Photos

OMG!!!!

Those dogs need to be put down immediately. Don't care what breed they are, dogs that vicious are not wired right in the head and just can't be left around to continue to threaten others.

What I want to say about the owners is simply not printable...

Hope your hands heal smoothly. Please let us know about Princess's progress.

BIG HUGS! and sending terrible thoughts to those vicious dogs and their owners...

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

This is beyond horrific! I am so sorry that you and Princess Jewel had to go through this!

I agree with Jewel. Clearly, those dogs have serious behavioral issues, and their owners are incapable of keeping the community safe from them. The owners are fully liable for their dogs’ behavior, and should have to pay for your medical treatment, as well as Princess Jewel’s.

Sebastian, Chester, and I are sending much love and good energy to you and the beautiful Princess. We hope that you both make a full and speedy recovery, and that she is home with you and Jerry soon!

Please keep us posted on her progress!
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Old Dawg (Senior Member) mikelg84's Avatar

Wishing you a speedy recovery. I was shaking while reading your post. Horrible.

As SM said, the owners are fully liable for their dogs’ behavior.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

Oh such a horrible story...I can only wish you & Princess Jewel a speedy & total recovery....I know this will be forever in your & her memory

I hope the owners step up & do what is right by you & Princess Jewel

Please keep us informed on your recovery & hers

Healing thoughts are with you both

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Antonia's Avatar

Antonia`s Photos

All our prayers and love to you and the sweet and gentle Princess Jewel! This story made me sick to even read about, never mind living through... Hoping you are both healing and will be better soon!