Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Jewel`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Frogg View Post
    We picked him up today and he is adjusting great.
    Can we see pictures????????? pleeeeeeeeze???????????

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel View Post
    Can we see pictures????????? pleeeeeeeeze???????????
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FF9B18B5-1312-4B22-984F-D97AB32F7CFE.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	10032

Sebastian agrees with this statement (thatís his ďplease, oh please, oh pretty pretty pleaseĒ pose).
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Puppy (New Member)

Prospective Great Pyrenees Owner

We have introduced him to the goats and to our new 5 month old Saint Dane puppy and with both he has been initially very good with them. A lot of excited sniffing and puppy like playing but zero aggression. After he seems to get comfortable with them though he is aggressive. No biting or snapping but a lot of growling and he tends to herd/trap them against wall or fence and bark and keep them there. I have scheduled time with a trainer next week that has experience with the breed I was just curious if anyone had seen this behavior. Including a couple of pictures of Gandalf, he is a very handsome fellow of you ask me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C1ABD243-2040-4443-8858-B25A97989011.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	10040   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4C854ADC-5E8C-4983-9A86-28A365CBE568.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	10041  

Jewel`s Photos

Gandalf is very handsome indeed!!!

We raise only urban pyrs so I am not qualified to opine on LGDs issues, I can only venture a guess. I think maybe Gandalf is not very familiar with goats and he's not yet figured out what he should be doing. Maybe you want to have him on leash for the time being when he is in with goats. Letting him access to goats off leash is telling him he can make his own decisions and he's shown you he's not exercising good judgment right now. Rather than correcting him after he's engaged in the undesirable behavior, which is fighting an uphill fight, you want to be able to stop him from engaging in the undesirable behavior in the first place. Keep him on leash and reward him handsomely for staying calm when he's with the goats. You want to shape the correct behavior rather than correct bad behavior.

But he's otherwise getting along with his new sister? We'd love to see pictures of his sister! I am trying to picture what a saint/dane would look like - other than BIG

Puppy (New Member)

Prospective Great Pyrenees Owner

We are leashing him with the goats and his sister for now. Since he has an unclear history we are being extra cautious because we donít know any bad habits he may have. His core personality is awesome though so Iím feeling good that we will be able to work through anything. He is by far the most non reactive dog Iíve ever been around, loud noises or anything that would alert or startle other dogs, he just calmly observers. His sister was a surrender as well, to big and energetic for the older lady that had her. No bad habits or history other than they docked her tail. Sheís almost 5 months. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	50F73EAC-C006-4672-8B8C-90109BDB8C7F.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	10042