Young Dawg (Member)

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Default One year later. I present Queen Danaerys!

Just an update pic. One year plus since adoption at 8 months. She is a lapdog cuddle bug that takes her guard duties seriously. But not too bad is it possible she is still growing? I think she is beautiful! She has all the typical breed trait. LORD IS THE PYR PAW STRONG WITH THIS ONE LOL. If she is napping in your lap beware. Cease the petting and she will gently swipe the glasses or hat off your head. She has laser aim with that paw. Doesn't harm or scratch just a gentle guided pat. We love it. Have had some dust ups with her 8 yr old bloodhound roommate patriarch. Not a chance in heck she won't be alpha in the dog ranks. I had my concerns but the latest peace treaty is months old. We may be past all that. Fingers crossed. I keep firm hold of alpha of the whole family. She actually is under voice control-unheard of for the breed and a far cry from her predecessor, my heart and soul pyr mix Cubby that passed 1.5 years ago. I see him in her face every day. Every little mannerism is the same. Those large soulful eyes. The legs that for no reason are carefully and daintily crossed when she lays down. Those ears when perked I call "flags". Even the half ****ed posture when they are about 49% they are about to lay out and catch a snooze. One big difference is Dany loves the breeze and our big back porch. She can see far and wide and sunbathes. Seems like her coat is blowing much earlier this year? Anybody else in the South getting that? Well just wanted to catch up with everyone. Saw some sad posts about dogs being put down due to behavior issues. That hurts my heart. They are such an amazing breed. The more you put in, the more you get from them tenfold in return. To anyone having issues remember: Persistence, Praise, and Patience. Keep trying. Don't give up. Ever.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190120_040756.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	10027  

Young Dawg (Member)

Lol it censored the phrase half-c.o.c.ked as in half way or mostly laid back or propped up. No vulgarity meant

Old Dawg (Senior Member)

She's beautiful. I love you last sentence.....it gives me hope because my guy is a challenge but I love him to bits.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Shaggys Mom's Avatar

Ingleside, Texas, United States of America

Sshe is beautiful.
    Jerry and Moose