Puppy (New Member)

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Smile My 2 Boys - Snowden and Gary

Hello all!

I adopted two rescued Great Pyrenees mixed brothers a few weeks ago on Dec 13th. They came from a puppy mill and were in pretty bad shape at first. Worms, mange... they had to have a good amount of their fur cut down. Gary barely had any hair on his tail left

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rescue_Gary.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	9985 Gary Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rescue_Snowden.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	9986 Snowden

They were rescued in November and with their foster mom for about 2 weeks. They were still a bit patchy but getting better when I got them. The adoption went through the Humane Society of North Texas so not sure what they are mixed with but they are growing, healthy boys! Fur is growing back and Gary's tail is almost as fluffy has Snowden's. They just turned 4 months Dec 17th. Even though the pix are cute, I don't think it does their size justice lol. If anyone has any guesses on what they're mixed with, let me know. I plan on getting a breed test some time within the next month or so.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Christmas_Both.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	9987 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Christmas_Snowden.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	9988 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Christmas_Gary.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	9989

Old Dawg (Senior Member)

They are both super cute and lucky to have found you as their forever person. Can't wait to see their progress!

Jewel`s Photos

Congrats on the new babies!

I am guessing they might have lab in them. The smoother looking coat is common with pyr/lab mixes. The position of their ears also is more lab like than pyr. Be sure to let us know when you find out from the breed testing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel View Post
    Congrats on the new babies!

I am guessing they might have lab in them. The smoother looking coat is common with pyr/lab mixes. The position of their ears also is more lab like than pyr. Be sure to let us know when you find out from the breed testing!
    I agree! They remind me of our lab mix!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Antonia's Avatar

Antonia`s Photos

Congratulations! They are adorable! They remind me a bit of my Lily who is clearly a mix, often thought to be a lab mix.... They may also have some Akbash. Akbash have a shorter coat than a Pyr. Regardless, the are too cute and so fortunate that you adopted them!

Puppy (New Member)

Thanks everyone Will definitely keep y'all posted!

Quote Originally Posted by Antonia View Post
    Congratulations! They are adorable! They remind me a bit of my Lily who is clearly a mix, often thought to be a lab mix.... They may also have some Akbash. Akbash have a shorter coat than a Pyr. Regardless, the are too cute and so fortunate that you adopted them!
    First time hearing of this breed but just looked them up and they look very similar to my boys! Looks like they will be huge either way lol