Thread: Playing?

Young Dawg (Member)

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Jasminsosa08`s Photos

Lightbulb Playing?

We just got a new two month old puppy in the family and at first my Great Pyrenees Sochi whoís four was a bit grumpy when the puppy would come close to him but so far they just started playing inside but there is one thing Iím a bit worried about. Sochi hasnít really played with other dogs in his life and when heís playing with Mac thereís a lot of play biting from Sochiís side, itís especially around Macís neck and I just wanted to know if it was normal behavior? Itís really all Sochi does and when he starts play biting Macís legs and swinging his head I get scared and immediately stop it! I donít exactly know how to teach two dogs how to play lol but Iím wondering if there is a need or if they will just figure it out themselves? Mac is very little heís two months old and Sochiís leg is the same size as him 😭😂 I of course want them to play but I think Mac is quite simply too little to play just yet with him! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!!(:

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Jewel`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Jasminsosa08 View Post
    thereís a lot of play biting from Sochiís side, itís especially around Macís neck and I just wanted to know if it was normal behavior?
    Really can't comment without seeing Sochi's body language and how he is biting. But if you are comfortable that Sochi's really playing, then it's just a matter of your supervising them to make sure Sochi doesn't get too rough. The pup will grow pretty quickly.