Old Dawg (Senior Member) mikelg84's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Default Trip to the Pyrenees

Hello friends!

I am going to spend the next three weeks in the Pyrenees region of Northern Spain and Southern France. My grandma, who is 90, still lives in a small town near the mountains and I am so excited to see her and the rest of my family. My grandpa passed away in the spring. He was 95 and loved the mountains and the wonderful breed of Great Pyrenees.

I am not taking Pippa with me because it's such a long trip and if something happened to her, I would have never forgiven myself. I'm going to miss her a lot and I keep telling her that I'm going to explore her ancestor's land

I am planning on visiting 2 farms that have Great Pyrenees as working dogs. My grandma's town is very rural and most people that live there own sheeps, horses, cows and pigs. There are a lot of pig farms in Spain (Spanish ham is delicious - everybody should try it). It's common to have GP as guardians of the livestock, although German Shepherds are also common in that area from what I can remember.

I am not sure if I will be able to check the forum this holidays so, just in case, Happy Holidays to everyone! I will try to disconnect, relax, go skiing, eat a lot of food with my family and of course, go see some Great Pyrenees in their very first habitat.

Mikel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pyrenees-mountains.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	9932   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	La2BMasella2BSkiing2BPyrenees_by_Laurence2BNorah-7-1024x768.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	9933  

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

What a wonderful way to spend the holidays....hope you have a great visit with your family...and don't forget to take photos of any working Pyrs that you may see!!

Will look forward to hearing all about your trip...

Happy Holidays to you & Pippa!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

Wishing you a wonderful, safe trip, and joyous Holiday Season with your family!

I canít wait to hear all about it and see pictures (hint hint)!
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Jewel`s Photos

Hope you have a great visit Mikel! The landscape is absolutely gorgeous. Happy and safe travels and hope you'll see some pyrs and will take pics for us!!