Current Great Pyrenees Owner

cooltouch`s Photos

Default New Pics of Our 4.5 Mo Old Great Pyr

I feel kinda like a proud daddy showing off pics of his kid. Geesh. So I went ahead and created an album here and have placed these pics in the album. But I want to go ahead and share them with y'all.

Charley's growing like crazy. Check out the door mat he's walking past. That mat measures 24" x 16". Yep, he's already that big. Typical for a GP, I'm thinking.

I thought this was a nice pose.

He's got a stick in his mouth, and something on the other side of the pool has caught his attention.

Just hanging, wondering what I'm doing.

One thing I find very intriguing about Charley is just how chunky he is. He already has very well developed musculature and he's quite strong. He also has a huge appetite. The dog eats more than I do! It's been almost a month since the last time we took him to the vet and got him weighed. We'll be taking him in again next week. Last month he weighed 36 pounds. I'll bet he's up to at least 45 pounds now. He's also big enough now where he can put his paws up on the kitchen counter and look down into the kitchen sink. We've been putting our cats' food up on the counter so he can't get to it. I can see that we're gonna have to come up with an alternate feeding situation for the cats Real Soon Now.
    Best,
    Michael

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

He is adorable! Thank yo for sharing the photos!
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

thank you for sharing those photos...they grow so quickly, I miss those days of the goofy fur & inquisitive looks

Jewel`s Photos

LOL, he's going through that "hairdo" age... So, "Charley" it is then?

cooltouch`s Photos

Thanks for the responses. "Hairdo age" -- I guess that's one way to put it. That poofy fur on the top of his head sorta reminds me of the men's fashion of 100+ years ago here in the USA of parting one's hair down the middle. And I don't know about "goofy fur" -- goofy looks, yes. He's really good at the "inquisitive looks" that seem goofy looking at the same time. Jewel, for lack of anything better, Charley (or Charlie?) appears to be the name he's gonna wind up with. That may change yet. I'm reminded of my sister's first dog. After she'd had her for almost a year, she decided to change the dog's name -- and it stuck for the rest of her life. So I'm still reserving final judgement, but I'm about halfway expecting Charley is what his name's gonna be.

Regarding his fur -- from a young pup, he's had this wonderfully soft fluff all over. Recently we've noticed that along his back there appears to be a new growth of longer fur coming in -- and also along his tail, some longer plumes are becoming more evident. Instead of being fluffy, it's longer and wavy. I'm guessing at this point that the fluffy stuff will remain as his undercoat and the longer fur will be the top coat.
    Best,
    Michael