Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Default Zeke has a new foster brother

Got a call from my aunt and she had a male pyr at the shelter and was trying to find a foster. He was found roaming around, covered in fleas and dirt but was a sweetheart. Chipped and after talking with the Vet, found out he is approx 20 months, neutered and the owners don't want him back (people suck sometimes). He was required to stay in the shelter for a few days before he could be released to my aunt. My wife went and met him, they had a couple meet and greets with Zeke, they went ok, but Zeke loves all dogs when on neutral ground, and the new dog snapped at him a couple times but nothing too big.

Got him a bath, took him to the groomers, poor guy has flea bites all over his tummy, brought him over to our house last night. For now we are keeping one in a kennel while the other is out and it's working fine. The foster slept in his kennel all night and didn't make one peep, assume he is tired after what he's been thru the last few weeks and it's the first night he's been able to sleep in a home for who knows how long. I've taken him for a couple walks and he is great on a leash, still needs to work on sit and stay, but have a feeling should be pretty easy to find him a forever home.

He's a little shorter and stockier than Zeke, has the double dews and is all white except for some grey around the face and ears, so not sure if he's a mix or pure.

Vet said his name is Dozer, he doesn't really come to it, so we may change...fresh start and all

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181011_202216.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	9830

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

Wow!!!

Thanks for reaching out & giving this guy a chance at a new start in life...I hope all works out for him & you!!!

Keep us up to date on how he & Zeke get along

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

Congratulations, Zeke and Dozer!

Thank you for giving this boy a soft place to land!

I am looking forward to hearing more about him, and his search for a forever home!
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Antonia's Avatar

Antonia`s Photos

Congratulations! So thankful that you are there for this baby! Can't wait to hear how he progresses as he begins to understand he is safe!

I'm wondering if he's a lab mix, it's strange his rear dew claws are almost black, with just a streak of white. His other claws are all white.