Thread: got a question

Puppy (New Member)

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Default got a question

i got a puppy and he is 10 weeks old and he is very happy and normal... sleeps on and off during the day and then very hyper in the late afternoon and evening after kids get home. i work from home so im with him a lot. he will have normal poops in the morning about two and then one after lunch and then in the afternoon he has diarrhea like water in the evening and late after noon. but he is moving alot in the afternoon also and more lazy during the day. h got to the vet to get more vaccinations on thursday o just wanted to know if this is normal. i gradually switched his food over a one week period and he did fine.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

Welcome kayone & pup....
    how often & what type of food is he eating...is it mostly dry kibble or wet food?

you say you switched his food over in a week... I'm no vet, but I usually would take up to 2-3 weeks to switch food if needed.

are you giving him a treat of some kind in the late afternoon or evenings that he doesn't get during the day?
    does he have access to a pond where he may be drinking contaminated water?

I would call your vet before your visit, let them know his symptoms...they might want a stool sample

let us know what you find out

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Antonia's Avatar

Antonia`s Photos

In a puppy this age, I'd definitely want a vet check to be sure everything is normal. That being said, one of my dogs has long-standing GI issues and he gets diarrhea when he gets too excited. We know he has no other issue and it is directly tied to exciting events. If he checks out ok at the vet and the problem is not his food, I might try to see if I can lessen the excitement with the kids coming home and hyperactivity by giving him some calm time in the midst to help him adjust to the stimulation.

Puppy (New Member)

so kayone tested out good but they are treating him with 3 days of a worm med just in case he has larva started but doesn't show in fecal. his is 10 weeks and 20.8 pounds and very healthy!