Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Stuff

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Christi's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Christi`s Photos

Default New Stuff

Funny how things happen, and we deal with them. 4 months after I moved in with my Daughter, her Husband and their 3 kids I finally feel at home. I have gotten used to my job, and while I still hate my position, I do like my job. I am slowly rebuilding my life, and I am mostly happy. Ron died 2 weeks ago, his kids are attempting to sue me. It will fail, but geesh what a mess. Ron did not want to come back to Florida for a lot of reasons. So we put him in an extended stay hotel, and on his birthday, I couldn't get in touch with him. I sent a clerk to check on him, and he was face down on the floor. He had another stroke, his sugar was down to i think 12, and there was so much damage to his brain he couldn't recover.

His Children haven't had contact with him in more than 10 years. They rushed to his side, to watch him die though. Emptied his hotel room and found bank statements. He and I had a joint bank account, and they were very mad about it. They noticed a few transactions here in Jacksonville, and have decided that me using his bank account was fraud. They have also decided that me leaving him alone was abandonment, which caused his death. The truth of the matter is, as a joint owner of the bank account I was authorized to use the account, And I was not his care giver, I am not licensed, and not had any training in that field. When I left I tried to get him to come and he flat refused. He was cognizant and had his wits about him when I did leave.

There was no reason to think he would die in a few months at that point. I have checked and his kids will be hard pressed to find a lawyer to take a losing case. I will miss him though. I still can't believe he is gone.

So onto new stuff, my daughters dog is a big comfort to me, and she seems to think she is my dog. Maybe because I remember to feed her daily, take her for walks, and pet her often. Poor thing has kind of a sad back story. My children's father is now remarried, has been for about 10 years or so. His wife also has kids, and her middle son, Michael, was the original owner. His wife was pregnant and they wanted a dog the baby could grow up with.So after a lot of drama and BS Michael is now known as Sapphire, is getting divorced and he left the dog with his Mom and my ex. They used to rent the house that my daughter lives in, and when they moved out, the dog was left with the house. Amber is not a dog person. She has very young kids and didn't want the responsibility but alas here we are.

She is a small pit bull mix. Awesome dog really. Great with kids, does not bark. She has a bed which she loves. And she never goes in bedrooms. Is well mannered and very sweet natured. At 8 years old she is pretty laid back, likes a short walk daily, and is a big fan of treats. Honestly I think I may be the only person that has ever given her a cookie. I have also upgraded her diet. My daughter is one of those "it's just a dog" people that will feed it the cheapest food she can. I am different though, so she is now eating a decent food, and she looks much better than she did when I got here. I have a few pics that I will upload later on. Not sure what she is mixed with, other than Pit, but she is pretty small for the breed so it has got to be something smallish.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

I am so sorry to hear about Ron and his greedy children. I have been meaning to call you, but things have been exceptionally crazy. If you have some time this weekend, I would love to catch up!

I am thrilled to hear that you are continuing to get settled, and that there is a sweet dog at home to help you through the drama.

The boys and I send gigantic hugs, and they send huge kisses!
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Old Dawg (Senior Member) mikelg84's Avatar

Christi,

I'm sorry to hear about Ron. Pippa and I send you positive vibes and waves of happiness!
    Looking forward to seeing pictures of your daughter's dog

Christi`s Photos

Thanks!! SM I am off both Friday and Saturday. Anytime is good! I have missed talking to you <3

Christi`s Photos

Here is one Picture, will get more later, Her name is Piper.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41310785_1898590360206583_4869215246792785920_n.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	9805

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

Christi, thanks for the update & staying in touch

Piper is one lucky girl that you are there, reminds me of the saying "who rescued who"?!!!

I hope the issue with Ron gets resolved so that you can go on with your life in peace...heavens knows you deserve it!

I love your positive outlook!! It may not be the best position...but you seem to be making the most out of it

Keep going strong...hugs to you!

Christi`s Photos

Thanks Nancy! Ya know I am making the most of it. I work for a good company, and their headquarters are in Asheville NC. I have done some checking around, looked at housing cost ect. This area is still in the Appalachians and i love Asheville. I am setting myself to transfer up there in about 2 years. My current job being the vehicle I need to make this transition.

Jewel`s Photos

Thank you for letting us know how you are getting on. I am so glad that you are moving forward and remained positive. Dogs have a way to show up in one's life, don't they. I can imagine it can't have been easy to move in with your daughter's family under the difficult circumstances you were in. But then you "found" Piper. Your daughter could have given up Piper to a shelter, but she didn't, even though dogs aren't her thing. Now here you are building this wonderful bond with this sweet creature. Life sure works in unpredictable ways.

I am sorry about the situation with Ron's children. I have nothing good so say about them so I am just going to keep my mouth firmly shut on that.

I can't tell you how glad I am to hear that things are going in the positive direction overall. Big hugs!

Christi`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel View Post

I am sorry about the situation with Ron's children. I have nothing good so say about them so I am just going to keep my mouth firmly shut on that.
    Eh nothing like death to bring out greed. Its a lost cause for them anyway, and I refuse to let them bug me.

And yeah, life is funny that way. She was just what I needed when I got here. Today though, OMG I went outside for my break and met a 6 month old male Pyr. I work next to a Petsmart, and I just had to meet him. What a loveable guy, and his owner was super nice too. We chatted while I fawned all over her puppy. My heart melted, but I didn't cry! It was just very pleasant and enjoyable to be around another Pyr. Ya know I just may go ahead and get another Pyr when the time is right. I just need to find a good breeder. Sounds like an interesting project.

Christi`s Photos

And it is so important to be positive and just keep moving. I refuse to let any of this keep me down. It looks like I may have been the sole survivor of this whole tragedy. Well me and Roxy. Tommy has now been arrested for a series of felony charges and it looks like he will do prison time. So I have to carry on and survive, I can't let this destroy us all. I do have things to keep going for though. My children, Grandchildren, Piper etc.