Current Great Pyrenees Owner

lattelove`s Photos

Default Found the gate to our yard open...

and Latte was still in the backyard! She had been outside enjoying the slightly cooler weather for a couple of hours. I opened the back door to let her in, and saw our backyard gate wide open! We are all very good at remembering to close the gate, so either it did not "click" into place and the wind blew it open, or someone came by (maybe to read a meter?) and opened it.

My heart sank for about a second, and then I looked down and saw Latte sitting down inside the backyard, about 2 feet away from the gate! I have no way of knowing how long that gate was open, but I just can't believe she didn't make a run for it. Every other dog I have ever had would have been GONE at that opportunity.

I'm so thankful she is still here safe with us!

Jewel`s Photos

OMG!! Thank goodness she stayed put!!!

Ren opened the front door and let himself out... a couple of times, or three, or four... One of those times he opened the door, went down the street, turned left and went knocking on someone's door. Yep, that's what the owner said, he heard something knocking on his door and when he opened the door, it was Ren. Ren walked into his house, greeted the baby and checked out the house from front to back. There was a video of him on the owner's FB page kissing the baby even before I got there to pick him up.... and uh, no, we've never met that neighbor before...

Old Dawg (Senior Member) mikelg84's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel View Post
    OMG!! Thank goodness she stayed put!!!

Ren opened the front door and let himself out... a couple of times, or three, or four... One of those times he opened the door, went down the street, turned left and went knocking on someone's door. Yep, that's what the owner said, he heard something knocking on his door and when he opened the door, it was Ren. Ren walked into his house, greeted the baby and checked out the house from front to back. There was a video of him on the owner's FB page kissing the baby even before I got there to pick him up.... and uh, no, we've never met that neighbor before...
    That's so funny! You have really nice neighbors. I don't want to imagine what could have happened if a dog that size would have walked into a house in the wrong neighborhood.

lattelove`s Photos

Jewel, that's a hilarious story! How did Ren open your door? What kind of door knob do you have? I have caught Latte trying to open our back door (regular round knob) by placing her mouth on it and trying to turn it. We can now feel nicks in the brass from her teeth! Fortunately, she hasn't figured it out yet

Yes...we are very thankful that she stayed in the yard. Of course, she may have also taken a jaunt around the neighborhood and then returned a couple of hours later, for all I know!