Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Puppy (New Member)

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

I wanted to provide an update for Sofie and not be one of those one time posters.

Its been about 2.5 months since we posted and we have good news. Sofie is doing just fine and there is no indication of a luxating patella anymore. The vet checked and she didn't seem to find any issues. Seems she has outgrown the problems which is what the breeder thought would happen as she was shocked a vet would diagnose a puppy @ 2 months.

Sofie is almost 5 months now and she is little over 50lbs. She has no issues climbing up the stairs, chasing after my 2 yo vizsla up the hills on our property. Some of them are pretty steep. She can't keep up with Ginger and never will as PYRs aren't made like a Vizsla, but it does give her a work out. I describe Ginger as a fighter plane and Sofie as a slow bomber.

We are definitely glad we kept her as she is the sweetest loving dog. Very affectionate and easy going puppy. Now we just have to get passed the potty training. Which seems to be a normal issue.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

This is such great news!!!

Thank you for keeping us up to date on Sofie....hope she continues to be healthy & happy!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) mikelg84's Avatar

Wonderful news! I think it's time to see some pictures of Sofie