Old Dawg (Senior Member) Shaggys Mom's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Ingleside, Texas, United States of America

Default Does Your Pyr Not Like.....

Does your Pyr (or any other dog you may have) apparently NOT like changes> That seems to be the case with Sir Moose. Since the day we got him, Sept. 30, 2014, his "feeding mat" has been in one spot at the end of the counter, and his ceramic water dish )old crock pot liner) has been on the left side, and his food dish on the right side.

Well, he is such a sloppy drinker that I noticed I was getting marks on the end of the coutner where he splashes water (is getting worse about it), so I decided to change them around last week. I refilled his water dish (he instst on frest water every time he gets a drink) and set it on the right side of his mat and then put his cooked supper on the left side. Called out 'Sir Moose eat" and he came in and walked towards his mat, then stopped some 6 or so feet away and stood there looking at it, then at me, then back at his mat. He walked forward a couple of feet and stood there, head low, neck stretched, ears perked, sniffing, as if there was something very dangerous there. Then he looked backup at me, then then the stretched neck bit again. But he refused to come any closer to his mad. I walked over, changed them back to water on left, food on right, and he walked right over and cleaned his food dish.

Apparently he does not like things to get changed around AT ALL. If he misses his morning walk to do Jerry's arthritis acting up, or he is under the weather, or weather is bad, Sir Moose pouts. We are wondering if mayvbe he doesn't go out the open front door is becauehe has never been out that door without being on his leash and he thinks he has to be on the leash to go out. Don't know about that bit loveable, goofy boy.
    Jerry and Moose

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Jewel`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggys Mom View Post
    I decided to change them around last week. Called out 'Sir Moose eat" and he came in and walked towards his mat, then stopped some 6 or so feet away and stood there looking at it, then at me, then back at his mat. He walked forward a couple of feet and stood there, head low, neck stretched, ears perked, sniffing, as if there was something very dangerous there. Then he looked backup at me, then then the stretched neck bit again. But he refused to come any closer to his mad.
    Ha! Clearly you were up to no good switching things around!!!