Old Dawg (Senior Member) Shaggys Mom's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Ingleside, Texas, United States of America

Default Sir Moose SCared Me

ir Moose scared the pudding out of me late yesterday afternoonClick image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4278.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	9783. Keep doors and windows open as I get sick in AC, but do have floor fans going. But he LOVES to go lay out in the sand under the cedar tree--in the pits he digs.

I started his supper and usually he KNOWS it is time, or if started early, he must smell it because he comes to the kitchen. I knew he had gone outssdie, so I went out--he was not under the tree, nor another place he likes. Hubby has been sick since last nigh and jut laird in bed most of the day. I figured Sir Moose must have gone in there to be with Jerry--he had been all morning. No Sir Moose in the bedroom, no Sir Moose in in our bedroom (Jerry is staying in front bedroom), no Sir Moose in entry or behind the dining table. I was in a state of panic. At 11, he couldn't get over the 6 foot fence, had never 3even tried. Has never attempted to dig and there were no holes under the fence anywhere.

Our son had come over and brought some Gatorade for Jerry while I was napping and it came to mind that maybe he left door open when he came in and Sir Moose had gone out. But we often have door open and he never goes out front. Is as if he believes he can't go out there without a leash. SHEER Petar Panic

Was coming back down the hall almost in tears when I noticed the door to the first bedroom was shut. I had opened it this morning and turned on ceiling fan--window is open--for a little more cross breeze. Opened it and ......bumped Sir Moose as I opened it. He does love to go in there and watch out front and I guess he had come back inside, gone in there and someone the door closed. He was SOOOOOO glad to see me, that big old tail just wagging. And my pacemaker stopped making my heart beat so fast! Gosh we love that big boy. Jerry is sleeping and doesn't know. He woudl ahve been a worse panic than me. But now all is well, Sir Moose is found in the house, safe and sound and ready for his supper....Sir Moose where he likes to lay and watfh out that low window
    Jerry and Moose

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

Glad you found Sir Moose!!!

why is it....they will bark if a stick is out of place in the back yard, or a towel on the floor that shouldn't be there....but are as quiet as
    can be when locked behind a door!!!?!!!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Zech's Mom's Avatar

Zech's Mom`s Photos

I have to say Shaggy's Mom you handled that really well.... I am so glad all was good and I second Nick's spirit question, My guy will guard and alarm us to "anything" but if he has an issue he goes quiet.. LOLOL

Gotta Love these souls... I hope Jerry is on the mend TOO!!! Take Care and Hugs to Sir Moose!!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Shaggys Mom's Avatar

Ingleside, Texas, United States of America

Thank you. I hae been making sure thre is something blocking the door so it can't blow shut, and me or Jerry would see Sri moose in there if we went to shut the door.
    Jerry and Moose