Puppy (New Member)

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Default Dribbling Pyrenees

Hi All:
    My year old Pyreneese has been effectively house trained since he was about four months old. However since he has gotten about a year old I have noticed that he "dribble piddles" in the house from time to time. Is this normal?

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Christi's Avatar

Christi`s Photos

I would see your vet, not sure if it is normal, but it is not something I have ever had happen. Sounds like it could possibly be a UTI, or something like that.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) mikelg84's Avatar

What Christi said. I would take your dog to the vet. Sounds like bladder infection to me given how young he is.

Just to be sure, your dog is not on any medication, correct? There are drugs that work to relax the muscles (when your dog suffers from spams) that also relax the sphincter. How much water does he drink? Also, does he seem afraid or stressed?

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

It is always good to check with your vet to rule out any potential medical causes of behavioral changes.

If he seems to be in control of his bladder, but has a small trickle of urine coming out from time to time when he walks, there is always the possibility that he is marking. Chester marked quite a bit until he was neutered. Then he marked a few times when doggie friends would come over. The last time he marked like that was the first night in our new house.

I would advise cleaning the spots with a good, enzymatic cleaner. I like Simple Green Bio Dog. If you have carpet, you may want to have a carpet cleaning company come out, or invest in one of the home carpet cleaning machines.

I would also be careful when you have him outside. Sometimes, when a male dog starts marking suddenly, it can be a sign of a bitch in season nearby.
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Puppy (New Member)

Based of the replies I am going to take Rex to the Vet. There is a fixed female pup living with us and a new unfixed male came to live with us as well. Could the presence of the other unfixed male dog be causing Rex to dribble/mark his territory?

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gadric View Post
    Could the presence of the other unfixed male dog be causing Rex to dribble/mark his territory?
    Absolutely.
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian