Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Over the Summer, I found a package of these dryer balls on Clearance, and decided to give them a try:
    https://www.amazon.com/Nellies-Quick...7s+dryer+balls

I was pretty skeptical at first, but I really do feel like they help in getting dog hair off of my clothes in the dryer. They arenít perfect, I still have to use a lint brush on certain items, but Iíve noticed that Iím spending less and less time and energy getting dog hair off of clean clothes. Iíve also noticed that they help laundry dry more quickly.

I donít use the optional scent sticks, I just throw them in the dryer as-is.
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Old Dawg (Senior Member) mikelg84's Avatar

It's scary how much hair is shed in my house and I only have one dog and zero cats. Sometimes I have to empty the vacuum two or three times if I'm cleaning all the rooms.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) snow0160's Avatar

snow0160`s Photos

SB, I've added the link to my amazon wish list. We just had a bed die because it took 5 cycles to dry and it still wasn't dry. We went to sleep to a very bad smelling bed the next morning lol.

In terms of being hair free...I pretty much gave up. I force dried Kit, Furminator's deshedding shampoo, and brushed her with a double rake, took out a whole Kit sized worth of hair and there is still A LOT of hair. I'm throwing a Christmas Party this year and I'm a bit concerned. My mom challenged me to see if I could be hair free. I said certainly and suddenly had a feeling of dread lol.

I have an interesting welcoming mat for years:
    https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=...9aACCFY&adurl=

Old Dawg (Senior Member)

I'm getting ready for this. My last dog also had a double undercoat and was 120lbs so hair was everywhere. I got pretty decent at managing it but I find the secret is less stuff, less clutter less hair to collect in nooks and crannies. I also didn't have him in my bedroom so my clothes stayed pretty hair free. This guy is going to be sleeping next to the bed so I'm sure I'll be dealing more hair than before. A good vacuum helps and constant brushing helps...but it's an uphill battle. I also used to use a little olive oil in his food which seemed to help a little.

Falkor's mama`s Photos

There will always be hair ESPECIALLY when they are blowing their coat! One thing that has helped quite a bit for me is a DEEBOT vacuum. It automatically cleans daily and has been incredible. I couldn't keep up with the constant sweeping on my wooden floors, so I got this vacuum and it has made a HUGE difference. I take my dog to petsmart once a month for a bath and they brush him really well. That helps to keep the coat from matting and reduces the hair a bit. I have learned to embrace the hair though. I plan on saving as much of it as I can to weave a nice coat
    LOL
    In all seriousness though, I am so glad you decided to bring this pup into your home. They are such a wonderful breed. Calm, compassionate and loving. Congratulations!