Thread: Got our new pup

Young Dawg (Member) Meatball Murphy's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Default Got our new pup

Hi guys,
    We got our new little girl yesterday as a surprise a week too early. Got a call from breeder saying things had changed with her work and she needed to drop puppies at 7 weeks old. I was not ok with that and told her so however, apparently not an option. After a long 14 hour trip she is home with us being loved to death. Omg she's Cute!! Her first night was great she had 2 accidents in house but slept in her crate from 10:30 until 5 am.
    So now we have tiny Molly ( Karma didn't suit her) and 72lb 5 month old Murphy. Murphy is super excited to see her but I'm super stressed cause of the size difference. I clearly am not allowing unsupervised play but I keep interfering with their play...should I stop doing that? He keeps grabbing her legs to shake them, he is not being aggressive at all towards her just excited. I'm scared he will break them or hurt her. I stop the interaction immediately but that seems to get Murphy more excited. Does anyone have advise that can calm me down.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180625_064951.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	9722   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180625_063611.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	9723  

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

"Does anyone have advise that can calm me down"

a glass of wine always helps me!....but just try to keep your sense of humor...and yes, I don't think I would let Murphy get too rough with her right now. She's young, been brought into new surroundings with new scents, noises & occupants...she needs time to absorb it all & get used to things.

Molly sounds like a pyrfect name!