Current Great Pyrenees Owner

a601mom`s Photos

Default We're back. a601mom &Ike

[SIZE=3][/SIZE

Hi, everyone. We've been away from this forum for almost a year but I have some time now to update and begin following.
    Ike is two now and is a wonderful companion. We had a setback around Christmas when he tore his CCL. After 3 months of conservative treatment, he tore it again and had TPLO on March 30th. He is healing beautifully and starts therapy dog training. He passed all his aptitude tests and we will be going to our local Veterans home with our trainer on Monday. I am a Red Cross disaster responder and once he is registered at a therapy dog, I will be able to take him into Red Cross shelters during disasters. So, soon he will be a working dog.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

Welcome back!!!

sounds like you've had more excitement in your life than you probably wanted!

but the accomplishments that you & Ike have had sounds great!

hope he continues to heal well & strong....and than you both for doing the work that you do

a601mom`s Photos

Default Thanks-good to be on the upside

[QUOTE=nick's spirit;102108]Welcome back!!!

sounds like you've had more excitement in your life than you probably wanted!

but the accomplishments that you & Ike have had sounds great!

hope he continues to heal well & strong....and than you both for doing the work that you do

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Shaggys Mom's Avatar

Ingleside, Texas, United States of America

When I broke my hip 6 years ago I had to spend 19 days in a nursing home/rehab aftr the surgery. There was a lady who brought her dog in twice a week andall those folks who are permanent residents there LOVD having a dog to pet on. It cheered them up to no end. And I loved it, missing my golden retriever at home with hubby..

The reaction Sir Moose gets from folks when we take him to Lowes or Tractor Supply is something else. He does gravitate toward groupos with children as he loves kids. Everyone wants to pet onhim and kids just have to hug him, which he loves.
    Jerry and Moose