Thread: Hello all

Puppy (New Member) Meatball Murphy's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Default Hello all

Hi there, thought I would post a hello to everyone.
    We have a 5 month old male great pyrenees Murphy. We like to call him meatball Murphy and he is that to a tee. He is our first GP, but not our last, we just bought a female pup that will be here in 2 weeks we've named her Karma. Couldnt stop at just 1!!! We have always had 2-3 dogs at a time my whole life. My father bred and trained hundreds of hunting labs. We lost our last lab about 8 months ago i was to heartbroken to bring another lab around but knew we needed a dog STAT as we have never been dogless and lost chickens within 3 days of losing our dog. I thought it was time for change. After some research decided on GP and couldnt be more in love.
    I have been stalking the site before I got Murphy and am still on at least once a day. You guys have gotten us over a lot of bumps just by reading old posts. And now I have another coming.......... AHHHHH what was I thinking. Lol
    JK, were so looking forward to her coming. Meatball needs a buddy for sure, the livestock are tiring of him trying to play with them.
    We're on 10 acres, with cattle, pigs, chickens, rabbits, bees (MURPHY'S LEAST FAVORITE) and children. He certainly isn't perfect, but he's learning and so am I. I know he is going to be an awesome farm dog and cannot wait for Karma to get here.
    Anyway, wanted to say Hey and thanks for the help you didn't know you gave me. Lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180508_174129.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	9695   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180613_165824.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	9696  

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Welcome Meatball Murphy, family & soon to be Karma!!

You are much braver than I....2 young ones at a time....yikes!!!

But hopefully they will keep each other entertained...and not get into too much mischief (Ha!...don't count on it!!)

as you have probably researched, Pyr's are not like Labs...keep reading about LGD's, their temperament, their background & their maturity....and by all means...keep asking questions...it's the only way we all learn from each other

thanks for the photos of your fur kids

Nancy & Rudy