Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

beccanae`s Photos

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	35384523_612891822412950_2766517696689340416_n.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	9697 Alifair aka Ali and Louis(12 weeks) cuddling together. Louis had an awesome day and night yesterday. So glad the night before was just a fluke

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

Glad you understood that it was probably Louis not getting enough exercise...each day is different...for all of us!

love the photo of him & Ali...is she an Aussie?

Name:	doggy 006.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	9704

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

Louis is a perfect name for him!

When Sebastian was a puppy, some nights were definitely better than others! I had many sleepless nights with him, and quite a few others that found me trying to sleep on the bathroom floor, as the bathroom was one of the few places guaranteed to calm him down. I don’t know what it is about 3 am that makes squeaky toys so much fun...
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

beccanae`s Photos

Ali comes from a Border Collie mother and a Rough Collie Dad. She is blue merle and lots of people call her an Aussie.

beccanae`s Photos

Louis had an awesome adventure yesterday and did wonderfully. First we left him in his crate and went grocery shopping. He went right in and was whining a bit when we left but when we got back home he was sound asleep in the crate with Ali asleep in front of his crate.

Then yesterday afternoon he got to go to Tractor Supply. He walked perfectly on his leash and didn't attempt to get into any of the good smelling treats or food on his level. He enjoyed all the pets and attention. Then we went to eat BBQ and ate outside at a table. He stayed right by my daughter's chair. Did not beg for food and ignored the bit of potato she accidentally dropped on the ground near him. We were so proud!

He slept for several hours once we got home and then had hyper time from 10pm to 11pm last night. lol

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

I love this update so much! I am so glad to hear that he is doing so well!

When Sebastian was that age, any time he wasn’t sleeping was hyper time! It was months before I had a full night of actual, uninterrupted sleep!

It really sounds like Louis and your family are a perfect match!
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Shaggys Mom's Avatar

Ingleside, Texas, United States of America

Hello and welcome from the coast of Texas. You have two beautiful dogs. From 1956 until 4 years ago, I had nothing but English Setters, Irish Setters and Golden Retrievers. Then we got our first Pyrn. He was 7 years old and had been blind his entire life. We only had him 3 weeks and 3 days before hemangiosarcoma took him, but wht an awesome 3 1/2 weeks we had with tht amazing boy. After Shaggy's death, we adopted another 7 year old Pyr and Sir Moose is now about 11. He is slowing down and his badger face is turning whte, but he still demands his morning walks, still insists on letting all the dogs in our little town know he is themost handsome, most loved, most spoiled dog in town.
    Jerry and Moose

beccanae`s Photos

Yesterday we had our first completely potty accident free day. He is also consistently asking to go out now. I am so proud of him.

He is loving the sandbox my husband made him and has stopped digging in the other two places and only in it now.

The main behavior problem we are currently dealing with is if he gets over excited he can get a bit bitey and jumpy on our 7 year old daughter. And sometimes will attach himself to her clothing. I have found if I get between the two of them and tell him no firmly he will back down and then leave her alone. I am also trying to teach my daughter to recognize signs that he is over excited and to not play with the puppy when he is like that and to find something quiet in a chair to play or go to a room the puppy is not allowed in to play.

He has mastered drop it even without a treat. Yesterday he stole my youngest daughter's flip flop. I told him to drop it and he brought it to my feet and dropped it. I was so proud and of course he got a treat for that

beccanae`s Photos

Louis is doing well. He is up to 41 pounds at his 15 week vet appointment. He learned this week to close the back door for a treat. We took him to a local fireworks show but made sure we could get out easily if it stressed him out. He did wonderfully and did not bark or stress pant at anytime. He even fell asleep for a bit in the middle and woke up for the loud finale with only his ears perked up. There were lots of kids and vehicle lights he was not bothered by any of them. He also has become very in tune with my oldest Autistic daughter and is showing signs of being a great therapy dog for her. If he keeps doing so well in public and with training we may even consider attempting to train him to be somewhat of a service dog if only in dog friendly places to begin with because he really does seem to help Liz when he is with her.

Potty training is going well. We no longer are having daily accidents and the main accidents he has are from getting over excited playing with our collie.

We really do feel blessed to have found such an awesome dog! I will try and upload some updated pics when I get the chance. He is getting so big.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

glad to hear the good update on Louis!

when Rudy was a puppy, he sat & watched fireworks with me....this is how he reacts at almost 6 years old now

Name:	hate loud noises.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	9743