Puppy (New Member)

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Default Our rescue GP mix

Hello! I am new to this forum and new to GPs! We adopted a rescue pup locally, though his mama was rescued from down South and was - surprise - preggo! So, here I am with my first GP. He is a mix, about 1/2 GP & Anatolian Shepherd, and 1/2 many other breeds, including Am Staff terrier, Komondor, & pit bull. We had his DNA tested by Embark. He is currently 20 weeks old today and 52.5# and 21.25" tall. He's very laid back with the exception of his evening zoomies. He has graduated from "puppy kindergarten" and I will likely enroll him in some more obedience classes in the future. I hope it's OK to be on this forum given that Clyde is only a GP mix.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2150.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	9636   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1096.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	9637  

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

Welcome draftjumper & Clyde!!

And thank you for giving this guy a home....may you have many wonderful times making memories with him

how long have you had Clyde?...he really is a very handsome guy! thanks for posting pics

sometimes mixes turn out to be the best companions...and yes...you & he are very welcome here!

zoomies might be because of the warm weather...or the family finally home, so he can burn off some energy. love the fact that you & he are bonding taking classes together

keep us informed on all the mischief & antics!!

Nancy & Rudy

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

Oh my goodness! Clyde is one very handsome boy! I can’t wait to hear all about your adventures together!

Also, I second everything Nancy has said!

Welcome to the forum!
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Shaggys Mom's Avatar

Ingleside, Texas, United States of America

Hello and welcome to you and your handsome Clyde! Our last 4 dogs--two Pyrs and 2 Golden Retrievers, have all been adopted. Our current Pyr, Sir Moose was originally found stealing food off the salad bar at an open are café on the River Walk in San Antonio. He was 7 when we adopted him Sept. 30, 2014, so is looking at 11 years old. He is a wonderful boy and unlike most pyrs, he almost always comes the minute his name is called unless he is truly after a possum in the woodpile or a coon on the fence. If just laying around, eh does not ignore our calls. He loves kids. There are several adopted dogs here, some pure, some mix, but all can can love and all can be loved and that is what is important.
    Jerry and Moose