Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Well.....

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Christi's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Christi`s Photos

I figure I should post an update. There is tragedy and beauty in what has happened. Roxy is well, she has settled into her new home, and is loved and well taken care of. Apollo didn't fare so well. He was picked up heavily sedated, and transported about an hour away, and things took a very bad turn. He became so vicious when an attempt was made to take him out of the kennel in the back of the rescuers car that he was unfortunately put to sleep. No one could open the cage, he just about knocked it out of the back trying to launch himself towards anyone that came near him. Animal Control had to be called, and they were worried about human safety with him. So inspite of all our efforts, he is gone. The Ex has been arrested 4 times since his first release on May the 3rd. I am incognito on Facebook, so that he can't find me that way. While he was still out of jail he went to a lot of effort to track me down, told people I killed his dog, stole his money and lied to police about what happened.

It is better now, for a while I couldn't even talk about it. I am sorry it took me so long to update. Life is hard, and what we sometimes have to go through is impossible. Time heals all wounds, eventually. I miss my babies, I miss my house, I miss my life. I even miss Tommy, or who he was before all this happened. But I am moving on now. I found a crappy job that I hate, but they pay me to be there, and lord knows I need the money. Since I broke my foot I have lost a lot of weight. Not sure how many pounds, but I have dropped about 6 sizes in clothing. So crappy job stays as I purchase a new wardrobe, then we will look for a job I can actually enjoy.

For now I have no pets, my daughter has a dog, and she is a comfort to a point. But at the same time she is not mine, and we don't have a bond like I did with my own. I will try and pop in here and there, and hopefully sometime in the next little bit I will get another dog. It will take a while though, and I am not entirely sure if I will ever get another.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Antonia's Avatar

Antonia`s Photos

Christi, I am so happy to see this post and know how you are. I think of you often. Words can't express how sorry I am about all the heartbreak and trials you have been through but most of all about your precious boy... I'm so sorry things had to end like this for him but perhaps it is ultimately better for him than him being in such deep distress and anxiety. I've been there with a previous dog. Sending you much love and hugs and praying things will improve for you going forward. It is wonderful to know you are safe with those who love you!

Jewel`s Photos

Christi, I am so glad to hear from you, to know that you are out of harms way and moving forward. I too think of you often. I am infinitely sad for you of your beloved Apollo. You did everything you could in a truly bad situation that you did not create. You gave Apollo a real chance at a new life. But Apollo was not easy even in the best of times - and that was the unfortunate legacy from his bloodline.

I would be very glad if you could check in from time to time. Sending hugs and encourage in this trying time for you and wishing that time will heal your hurt and heartbreak and that you continue on a smooth path moving forward.

Christi`s Photos

Thank you! It is easier now. I have lots to distract me, and I am around people that love and support me. Sister Antonia, I remember you had a dog that had sever issues. It is so hard, but you are an inspiration because you have gone on to love many others. Jewel you bring up a very good point, he was the last of his line. The parents got fixed, because of the parvo. Would be years before any pups could come to the property. He was the only pup to survive it, so I am comforted that with that line at least its ended.

I can't get a dog while I live with my daughter. She is not an animal person, and any kind of dog I would want would just be too much for her. That is going to take a few years. I am also seriously considering going back to TN. I am working towards a new job now. I could transfer to the general area I wanted to be in anyway. Taking into consideration that Tommy is homeless, in the Bristol area still I have to be careful with stating locations. He does get on a computer I suspect at the library, and me could find his way here so I am going to be vague.

I am toying with the idea of getting a Newf, I wanted one to begin with, and Tommy didn't so we went with a Pyr. I want to live alone with a dog or 2. I have come to the conclusion that I am just not meant to be in a relationship, I am a loner and introverted anyway. So I am ok with that too. Over all I am in a good place right now, its not ideal, but its a start. I will keep in touch, i love to read about your dogs, and feel like I know all of you. It was hard for a while, but I can now think about it without bursting into tears. Well mostly. Have moments still but they are not as often or as intense as they were.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

Words canít describe how sorry I am to hear about Apollo. I just canít imagine getting that kind of news on top of everything else you had to endure at the time.

I am glad to hear that your ankle is continuing to heal, and that you are settled in with your daughter.

Sebastian, Chester, and I are continuing to send you much love and good energy!

You are a true survivor!
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Old Dawg (Senior Member) mikelg84's Avatar

Hi Christi, Pippa and I send you many hugs and kisses. We're thinking of you.

Christi`s Photos

Thanks Mike and SM, it has been a journey to say the least.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

Christi...you are a survivor....a person who tries to look to the future, not the past....living in the moment, striving to do your best...
    stay strong...there are so many of us here who are behind you, thinking of you cheering you on as you take the steps to a new life of happiness & peace

there is a dog out there, waiting, looking for someone to comfort & be comforted when you are ready

I hope your heart heals as well as your body....

thinking of you

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Zech's Mom's Avatar

Zech's Mom`s Photos

Christi God Bless your heart, You have endured so much, Zech and I send our hugs and Much Love, That was just a horrible outcome for all the love and effort you made for Apollo even with all your own issues. I do have to say it is so good to hear from you and see you again here sharing, even if it was the hardest share. May your healing continue and may you find all the Joy and Happiness and comfort that will heal your heart and being!!!