Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well.....

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Antonia's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Antonia`s Photos

Christi,
    I can't say how sorry I am that you are having to go through this and lose your babies. I am so glad that you are finding answers for them. I do understand the decision you faced with Apollo. I have had to discuss with the sisters that if anything ever happened to me, they needed to face the reality that joining me would be the best thing for Tyro. No one wants to talk about it but being such a challenging boy and so tied to me, I feel I owe it to him to think about this in advance. I hope we never end up there but life throws us things we don't expect. Sometimes letting our challenging fur babies go is the best we can do for them. I am so glad that things have taken a turn for the better and you don't have to face Apollo being gone completely. Praying for you daily, with love!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Antonia's Avatar

Antonia`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by pyr haven View Post
    Christi it is never easy and words just cant explain y we do the things we do...they are our babies in every meaning esp their well being forever, prioritised 1st even over the human. Having life circumstances turned upside down is overwhelming n never easy. One step at a time.

Recently, I was diagnosed with 4th stage lymphoma of a rare aggressive type - given a week to live. I haven't seen my babies in 4 months during intense chemo treatment. I only know i need to hit the ground n run wit my poor diagnosis and prognosis. No 1 was to continue wellbeing of my pack (8dogs n 4 cats) and I am very very fortunate to have someone who loves them madly and as dedicated so they do not miss any daily regime. I wish a good acceptable solution will drop on ur lap too.

It kills me beyond words not to see my babies. I miss our routine terribly but i do not think of attachment nor dwell in the negatives.

For a decade, I ve learnt to live day by day (being a caregiver to someone with cancer). Half glass full has always been my motto...not half glass empty.

Now i only wonder wat in my pyrs head...how come their mommy has disappeared suddenly...coyote, black vulture? I've tried skyping...can they see thier mom?

I wish u all the best and and sending positive chi over the cables.
    Just wanted to express how sorry I am you are facing this difficult trial. My heart and prayers are with you!

Jewel`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Christi View Post
    Roxy went to foster last night and was adopted on sight. The rescue in Northern Kentucky has a foster for Apollo. Now we just have to work out transport, which is in the works now. His foster is a lady that rehabilitates fighting dogs, uses gentle techniques and positive reinforcement.
    I've been away on a trip and soooo glad to come back to see that things came through for Roxy and Apollo. Thank goodness.

Even though you will not be together, may all three of you find peace and happiness in your next path.

Jewel`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by pyr haven View Post
    Recently, I was diagnosed with 4th stage lymphoma of a rare aggressive type
    Big hug, good energy, and courage to you. Your babies are being cared for. You fight on!!
    Sending positive thinking!!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) mikelg84's Avatar

Big hugs for everyone! It makes me really sad to read this thread.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

Christi...I hope your heart is a bit lighter knowing that you found caring people to look after your fur kids....I know it's hard, but you have done so much for them & they will forever know love because of you.

pyr haven....you are remarkable...a role model for me....to live in the "now" and fight as long as I can, as hard as I can...
    my thoughts & heart are with you...so glad you have someone who can look after your "flock" in the same way as you have...
    thank you for being a part of this forum & sharing your companions & knowledge with us

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Christi's Avatar

Christi`s Photos

Thanks everyone. Yes I feel much better knowing that they will have homes and family's that love them and will care for them. But it hurts too. This is not how my life was supposed to turn out. But you know what they say about good intentions. I have learned a lot through all this tragedy. With everything I have lost I have felt freer, My life is in a shambles, but I am alive, I am strong, and I can take what will come.

My foot is getting better, mostly. Yesterday it swelled up really bad and is more painful then it usually is. I am really doing a lot more than I should, but I have no other choice. I have decided that I am going to use this to change my life. Never again will I be put in a situation like this, with no way to recover. I will build a life, alone. Eventually I will get another pet, but not right away. I plan to stay here though. I have made many friends, and I care about so many of you, your dogs, and want to be able to watch your stories unfold. My life is richer for having you and your families in my life.

Pyr Haven, I will hold you in my prayers, and know that you are loved and respected. Whatever may happen, you have helped so many people with great advice, and comforting words. You also added some perspective for me. Thank you for all that you have done, and continue to do. May you be strong, your dogs fuzzy, and win the fight!!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Shaggys Mom's Avatar

Ingleside, Texas, United States of America

I am so happy for the outcome for our fur kids. I know how very hard it was for you. When I married I had a 4 year old English Setter, Pixie, that I had since she was 4 weeks old and her mother had been hit by a car and killed. She was my constant companion when I was home...I was a teen in high school & then local college) and we spent hours in the field and Iquail hunted with her. But when I married we were moving to an apartment in Akron Ohio, a far cry from the Texas country side. I knew Pixie would not really be happy cooped up in a little apartment and I made the heart breaking decision to give her to my uncle, who was a quail hunter and took great care of his dogs. She spent the rest of her life hunting and living in the country. It was the right decision, tho so hard for me to make.

Sir Moose is 10 1/2 and hubby is 74, but walks Sir Moose every morning, weather and arthritis permitting, and sometimes when he is in pain. I have sciatica so bad and can't walk very far at a time, so I can't walk him. But with his age, that 45 minute walk each day seems to be enough--and he does have the freedome of our back yard. I am so thankful that Apollo will be with a great foster who can work with him, and that Roxy found a home she can be happy in.
    Jerry and Moose

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Zech's Mom's Avatar

Zech's Mom`s Photos

Christi My heart and all my thoughts for good for all your endeavors in this chaos in your world. I cannot imagine having to lose your babies in the crux of it. the great blessing of your finding them homes has to hurt just as bad right now.
    Love is the only the thing any of us ever get to take with us. Your love will always be there on both sides... grateful to have read this post after you had found their new families... God bless all of you through this! may you heal well and speedily!