Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well.....

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Christi's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Christi`s Photos

Default Well.....

I wanted to let everyone know why I have been so silent. My life has deteriorated to the point that I am selling my things and moving in with my Daughter, her husband and 3 children. I lost my mobility, my husband, 2/3rds of my income, my ability to drive, my home and then because the lunatic in a fit of madness tried to leave here , drunk and belligerent, tried to leave in my car and over revved the shit out of it, my car blew its engine. But my furbabies can't go. Roxy is terrified of kids. Apollo is too aggressive. We can't find anyone that has room for him, and I am running out of options. He is not himself, from lack of exercise, and all the constant change around him. He is cagey, barks constantly. He paces the house and is more and more giving us attitude. I have had to make the decision that the best thing for him is to put him down. I never want him to wonder why everyone left him. This way when he dies he does so with someone that loves him, I have one last option, and I am hoping that she can get someone, but its a crap shoot, and I am not sure that he would adapt. So I am falling apart. I put up a good front, but I am dying inside. My stuff I don't care, but my dogs? I have no words to describe what I am feeling.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

Christi, I am so sorry to read of this situation...I can only imagine the heart break you are going through....this decision is one you are making for the good of all involved....it comes from all the love you have for those two...

thank you for letting us know what is happening in your life...I don't imagine it's easy to put into words....please know I will hold you in my heart & in my thoughts, praying with all my might that some good will come of all this turmoil one day

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

There just arenít adequate words to express how heartbroken I am for you right now.

The boys and I are sending you so much love and good energy right now.
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Old Dawg (Senior Member) mikelg84's Avatar

I am so sorry to hear your situation, Christi. Pippa and I send you big hugs.

Christi`s Photos

Thank you all for your kind words.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) CaseysMom's Avatar

CaseysMom`s Photos

Christi, I can feel your pain. It was about two years ago when I was in the same situation; losing my house and my job and believing I was going to have to give Casey up, and I was dying inside too. It is the most horrid feeling I have ever had. You said, "I have one last option, and I am hoping that she can get someone, but its a crap shoot, and I am not sure that he would adapt." I'm praying that this option will come through for you; I didn't believe I had ANY options, but something came through at the last moment.

And, in terms of Apollo's behavior: "He is not himself, from lack of exercise, and all the constant change around him. He is cagey, barks constantly. He paces the house and is more and more giving us attitude." I'm currently having the same issue with Casey; I have had severe allergies, asthma and viral bronchitis for the past two months and have been unable to walk Casey like I used to. I have a dog walker who comes in on days when I'm out for the day, and I send both boys to daycare when I can, but it's not enough. I'm slowly getting over this mess and hope I'll be able to get back to our old routine.

I remember you discussing Apollo when I first joined the group and you were so helpful with your suggestions. Please consider rehoming him; my little Jakie's owner died very suddenly from cancer and he was taken in by the man's hospice nurse. She had a boxer who absolutely terrorized my little guy, so he was transferred to dachshund rescue. The woman who fostered him in the beginning said Jakie hid in the corner under a blanket because he couldn't take all the noise (she runs a boarding facility plus the rescue), so she asked if I could foster him, and that's when he stole my heart. Dogs are very resilient and can adapt much more than we may think. I'm sure you've checked with Pyr rescue in your state. I'm sending positive energy your way; please keep us updated.

lattelove`s Photos

I am so very sorry. I don't have any good advice, but I will pray that you may find a great (temporary?) home for your babies, and that your situation improves to where you can be reunited with them.

Old Dawg (Senior Member)

Christi it is never easy and words just cant explain y we do the things we do...they are our babies in every meaning esp their well being forever, prioritised 1st even over the human. Having life circumstances turned upside down is overwhelming n never easy. One step at a time.

Recently, I was diagnosed with 4th stage lymphoma of a rare aggressive type - given a week to live. I haven't seen my babies in 4 months during intense chemo treatment. I only know i need to hit the ground n run wit my poor diagnosis and prognosis. No 1 was to continue wellbeing of my pack (8dogs n 4 cats) and I am very very fortunate to have someone who loves them madly and as dedicated so they do not miss any daily regime. I wish a good acceptable solution will drop on ur lap too.

It kills me beyond words not to see my babies. I miss our routine terribly but i do not think of attachment nor dwell in the negatives.

For a decade, I ve learnt to live day by day (being a caregiver to someone with cancer). Half glass full has always been my motto...not half glass empty.

Now i only wonder wat in my pyrs head...how come their mommy has disappeared suddenly...coyote, black vulture? I've tried skyping...can they see thier mom?

I wish u all the best and and sending positive chi over the cables.

Christi`s Photos

What a difference a day makes. Roxy went to foster last night and was adopted on sight. She is with an older woman, who is a massage therapist, her elderly father, and 2 chihuahuas. Apparently she had a good reaction to them, and seems ok. I am sure she is very scared, but she has a home and people that can care for her. The rescue in Northern Kentucky has a foster for Apollo. Now we just have to work out transport, which is in the works now. His foster is a lady that rehabilitates fighting dogs, uses gentle techniques and positive reinforcement. She just sent one to adoption and just got the space for him. So while I am trying to come to terms with euthanasia he was saved. It is still sad to give them up, I can't tell you how terrible it feels, but at least he didn't have to die.

Christi`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by pyr haven View Post
    Christi it is never easy and words just cant explain y we do the things we do...they are our babies in every meaning esp their well being forever, prioritised 1st even over the human. Having life circumstances turned upside down is overwhelming n never easy. One step at a time.

Recently, I was diagnosed with 4th stage lymphoma of a rare aggressive type - given a week to live. I haven't seen my babies in 4 months during intense chemo treatment. I only know i need to hit the ground n run wit my poor diagnosis and prognosis. No 1 was to continue wellbeing of my pack (8dogs n 4 cats) and I am very very fortunate to have someone who loves them madly and as dedicated so they do not miss any daily regime. I wish a good acceptable solution will drop on ur lap too.

It kills me beyond words not to see my babies. I miss our routine terribly but i do not think of attachment nor dwell in the negatives.

For a decade, I ve learnt to live day by day (being a caregiver to someone with cancer). Half glass full has always been my motto...not half glass empty.

Now i only wonder wat in my pyrs head...how come their mommy has disappeared suddenly...coyote, black vulture? I've tried skyping...can they see thier mom?

I wish u all the best and and sending positive chi over the cables.
    I am so very sorry to hear this. I send lots of loving healing energy your way.