Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Young Dawg (Member)

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Hi,I am new to this site..I replied to your message but its not showing up...I want to Thank You so Very Much for your time to research!!! I will look into this,Beautiful Dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) CaseysMom's Avatar

CaseysMom`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel View Post
    We have Ren covered by Trupanion. A friend recommended it as she's gone through pretty major issues with her dobie and is happy with their services.

Since Ren was less than a year old when we signed him up, we pay around $35 a month and the deductible is $700 per condition or something like that. The policy does not cover routine stuff, just the more major things. We've not made a claim (not complaining about that) so I don't have anything useful on that front.
    Am a little late to this discussion, but I searched for "health insurance" and it brought up this thread.

I just signed Jakie and Casey up with Trupanion for $140 a month with a $200 deductible; they're a little more expensive than other plans but they pay the veterinary clinic directly, so all I would have to do is pay my deductible. And they cover 90% versus the others which cover 80%.

a601mom`s Photos

After Ike's TPLO, I decided to get insura nce. The surgery cost $5400 and I know there is a chance his other knee would go at some point. I ended up with the Nationwide plus Wellness plan since they will cover the 2nd knee if there is no reported damage. I had the vet examine his good leg and they wrote me a note that there is no sign of any damage.