Rolling over and showing their belly doesnít always mean that they are asking for belly rubs. In some contexts, it can be their way of saying, ďLook, Iím really really really NOT going to hurt you. Please please please donít hurt meĒ. It can be very difficult to tell the difference sometimes.

I agree with Jewel 100% that these trainers are not going to help Cosmo. Performing a harsh leash correction on a dog who is reacting to a person out of fear does NOT teach the dog not to react. It teaches him that bad things happen when he meets new people, which is the opposite of what you want to teach him.

Also, the idea that Cosmo is behaving this way because you arenít enough of an Alpha-type pack leader is ludicrous, and totally based in WWII era junk science. Dominance theory is the dog worldís equivalent to the flat earth movement. There are Z-list celebrities promoting both, but neither has any basis in real, actual science.

It looks like there is a CAAB in Mars Hill, NC, which is a bit north of Asheville. The dACVB directory shows two dACVBs at the UGA vet school in Athens, as well as one dACVB in a northern Atlanta suburb. They are all a distance away, but I really do think that they are going to be your best bet at helping Cosmo. If you canít make the drive, then I would strongly advise getting in touch with the dACVB clinic in Austin, TX. The last time I checked, they were still doing remote consults.

As for the muzzle, I think itís a great idea, so long as you have taken the time to get him properly acclimated to it. If he hasnít been properly muzzle trained, I would definitely keep him away from new people until you can get him muzzled without causing him stress. That stress can contribute to his reactivity. Itís a phenomenon called trigger stacking. I found this article that explains it better than I can:
https://canineprinciples.com/reactiv...gger-stacking/