Puppy (New Member) largeymargey's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Default Just adopted a 4 year old pyranees!

Hi Everyone,

My first post here but I've been lurking for awhile while we were in the process of researching the breed (So. Much. Research) and ultimately deciding to adopt our 4 year old pyr whom we named Marge. We live in the pacific north west in Canada and we adopted our sweet girl from Texas. The rescue found her roaming the streets starving and covered in mange. Poor thing She's looking incredibly healthy now though. We've had her a week now and she's been a DREAM! She's incredibly gentle, calm, walks great on a leash and is amazing with our three year old son. She LOVES all people. She's great with being fed and is showing zero signs of any resource guarding (we've mostly been hand feeding her this week with the dish on our laps and she's been super gentle and patient). During the day she keeps me company at work and is becoming a fast companion I'm sure I'll be posting here with questions in the future but for now, just wanted to introduce ourselves and attach a few pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	60E3096E-9D4B-4B61-AAF3-F2EAF68AE990.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	9542   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-1328.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	9543   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-1334.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	9544  

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Shaggys Mom's Avatar

Ingleside, Texas, United States of America

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4004.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	9545Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3237.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	9546Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4119.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	9547Hello and welcome from Texas! Our boy was found stealing food off the salad bar in an open air restaurant on the River Walk in San Antonio. He is a badger and the people thought he was a St. Bernard and called the SB people, but when they got there they told the folks he was a badger Great Pyrenees, so was turned over to Texas Great Pyrenees Rescue.

Like your Marge, he is clam, gentle and LOVES kids. When we have hi out if he sees kids he gravitates to them. We live in a small town on the coast and my hubby takes Sir Moose for a walk every morning. They avhe 5 different routes and Jerry lets Sir Moose pick which one he wants to take. Two take him over by his friend the horse in the pasture on the street behind us. Two others take him by the home of a lady who goes to our church and she adores Sir Moose and watches for him and Jerry. She even keeps treats to give him. Her grandson, wife and 16 month old daughter are visiting Judy and when Jerry and Sir Moose went by there yesterday, Judy had them come out to meet Sir Moose (and Jerry.) That big boy was in "doggy Heaven) with that toddler loving on him. Just adores kids.

Your girl is beautiful. I got tickled at the pictures of her with just the tip of her tongue sticking out. So precious. Our boy was 7 when we adopted him 3 1/2 years ago.IF I did it right, pictures here are of him on the bed last Halloween with our 16 year old granddaughter, out in the snow with our RARE snow we had Dec. 8 last year (only snows here every 30 or so years, but this was about 20 yers to early, LOL
    Jerry and Moose

Old Dawg (Senior Member) mikelg84's Avatar

Welcome! I love the picture of Marge with her tongue sticking out haha!

Jewel`s Photos

Congratulations!! She is a very pretty girl!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

Welcome to the forum Marge and family!

Marge is gorgeous! Thank you for giving her the loving home every dog deserves! I look forward to hearing more about her!
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Antonia's Avatar

Antonia`s Photos

Welcome and congratulations on your beautiful girl! Love those eyes!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

Welcome Marge & your wonderful family!!!

Thank you for giving this lovely girl a forever home, filled with love & security

I look forward to all of the photos & stories as you go through your life adventures together

Nancy & Rudy

Old Dawg (Senior Member) CaseysMom's Avatar

CaseysMom`s Photos

What a beautiful girl! I also loved the picture of her sleeping with her tongue out; Casey sleeps like that all the time. I'll try to attach a picture of him in one of his more peaceful moments.

And thank you for adopting one of our Texas girls; our rescue groups work hard to find good homes for their Pyrs; looks like they succeeded this time!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-07-05 11.48.30.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	9553