Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Old Dawg (Senior Member) snow0160's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

snow0160`s Photos

Kit has been an angel! She has finally improved her long-distance stay. We are working on her CGCA and later CGCU. She is much better than the other dogs in the class. I'm a bit competative All the patience and training has finally paid off.

snow0160`s Photos

This is a good thread.

I've decided to document these fine moments.
    1. Today's training: Kit goes to Petsmart. I am proud of her impulse control today.
    https://youtu.be/OLgG4yVvC8E
    2. Kit's Pivot Video (which is also in "Let's play!" thread)
    https://youtu.be/1r56xqsYpFw

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

I have to say, I am seriously proud of Kit in the PetSmart video! Sebastian would have dragged me straight to the little dog clothes which he would have promptly proceeded to pee on. He has also helped himself to a mouthful of snacks from the bulk treat bar, as well as snuck behind the cash register counter to help himself to the treats they keep back there for the GOOD dogs.

Imagine the havoc if he had been unleashed, and I hadnít been paying attention!

Way to go, team Kit!
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Jewel`s Photos

Awwww, look at Kit, perfectly civilized urban LGD!

Have a proud brag... at 3:30 am Ren asked to go potty. He went out, did his business turned around and came trotting back I was still inside the doorway with leash in hand

Ok, well, it being 80 degrees at 3 am did help with his quick turnaround...

Old Dawg (Senior Member) mikelg84's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by snow0160 View Post
    This is a good thread.

I've decided to document these fine moments.
    1. Today's training: Kit goes to Petsmart. I am proud of her impulse control today.
    https://youtu.be/OLgG4yVvC8E
    2. Kit's Pivot Video (which is also in "Let's play!" thread)
    https://youtu.be/1r56xqsYpFw
    THIS IS A M A Z I N G !!!

With your permission, I will show these videos to some people at the dog park that I go, that continuously talk crap about Great Pyrenees "just because". It shows how much time and effort you and you family have put into Kit's training and it's clearly paying off. It shows that if you're willing to work, this breed is amazing. No one was born knowing how to behave or what to do. It's us, parents, the ones that have to teach our kids/dogs what's right and what's wrong.

It really breaks my hearts when some people trash Great Pyrenees in general because they're not obedient, they don't listen, blah blah blah... Or what's worse, they get rid of them because they're not well behaved. If we don't have illnesses into consideration, there is a huge correlation between the time you spend training your dog and the behavior he or she will show for the rest of his or her life.

Thank you for posting those.

Jewel`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by mikelg84 View Post
    some people at the dog park that I go, that continuously talk crap about Great Pyrenees "just because". because they're not obedient, they don't listen, blah blah blah...
    Lol, yes, indeed, they are trainable ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIOm1tc8MAg

snow0160`s Photos

Jewel: Your dogs are so cute! Thank you for the link. We are working on leave it with Kit.

The feedback is very encouraging! Thank you guys so much!! Daily training has really helped with her reactivity issues. I should have recorded a before video. The gentle leader helps! She is sooo much better behaved on this. SM, Kit probably would have dragged me thru the store a few weeks ago lol. I think a lot of it was working on problematic behaviors from a distance.

Mikelg84, please do share my video. Many people are under the assumption that LGDs, especially Maremmas, are not trainable at all. This is really untrue. You just need patience. LGDs move a bit slower but that is just expected of their breed. I think they also need a different training style than a lab. It has been really fun training Kit.

beccanae`s Photos

Last night Felix slept 4 and a half hours straight and made it outside to go potty without an accident. I am so proud and glad to get some sleep. He also only had one accident all day yesterday.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

Yay, Felix! Keep up the great work!
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Old Dawg (Senior Member) mikelg84's Avatar

Pippa is not scared of fireworks

This past week we have been on Lake Michigan and every night the neighbors would light fireworks and while other dogs would hide inside the house, Pippa was always outside watching them, wagging her tail and looking like she was having a good time lol

On the actual 4th of July we went on a boat ride to watch some fireworks. We got really close to the area where people were lighting the fireworks. People that saw us on the boat with Pippa told us that we were crazy... Pippa was happy to be on the boat and spenr quite some time watching them. After a while, she got bored and fell asleep. IT WAS SO LOUD, but somehow she was happy to be there.

Our neighbors' dog did not leave the house in 12 hours because he was so afraid of the fireworks. He didn't even want to leave the house to pee!

It's crazy how different dogs can be.