Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Zechís Mom, thank you so much! The doodle has now gone home, but Sebastian and Chester are still on their best behavior!

I do remember Sebastianís opinions on everything when he was 18 months old. I do not miss 18-month-old Sebastian. Not one single bit!

Jewel, normally, a bag of beef rolls lasts us a week or longer. We started a bag on Thursday, and finished it on Friday. Between that and the Merrick Turducken wet food they got Thursday night, they left some nasty messes in the yard over the weekend!
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Old Dawg (Senior Member) mikelg84's Avatar

Today Pippa destroyed one of my crocs that I had left in the living room and she isn't even showing any remorse. Sometimes she hides when she knows she has done something wrong, but this time, she's not even hiding... She is attached to my hip as if she hadn't done anything wrong. I can't even scold her when she looks at me with those eyes...

That face would keep Pippa from getting in trouble at my house, too!

Some of you may have heard that we had some crazy storms here in Dallas on Sunday. My Mom had been at my house helping me with a flooring project that turned into something much much more, and she left as soon as the Severe Thunderstorm Warning was issued. Before she was able to turn out of my neighborhood, the wind picked up to the point that I called her to see if she needed to turn around and come back to my house. I live one block from the entrance to the neighborhood.

Considering the severity of the storm, Sebastian did very well. At one point, my chimney cap dislodged and crashed into my roof before flying into the street. Sebastian was not thrilled, but he did not panic.

After the storms cleared, I leashed the boys up and took them for a walk to talk to someone about the damage. During that walk, we encountered a very sweet Lemon Beagle named Boomer. Reading the boys’ body language, I could see that they really wanted to meet him, so I allowed it, keeping a close watch for signs that I needed to intervene. All three dogs did great.

It may not seem like that much, but it is a huge step for my two, especially Chester. There was a time not too long ago that I never would have thought this possible - especially given the scary weather preceding them meeting Boomer.

They got lots of extra treats when we got home. I am so proud of both of my boys.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Antonia's Avatar

Antonia`s Photos

SM, those boys are something to be proud of!!! My most recent proud moment involves Ru and Lily. Ru became very reactive during the last year. I think this was largely due to her not feeling her best and also due to a large construction project going on in her work area. Ru's aggression was directed towards all the other dogs but Lily was definitely singled out for more severe treatment. They went from working together to my being afraid to leave them alone unattended. Ru has made tremendous progress over the past few months, in part with the help of CBD oil. Our construction is over and Ru's domain is no longer violated on a daily basis by strangers and their equipment. I never thought I would see these two play again but they continue to make progress. Ru making gestures of calmness and Lily, ever forgiving, ever magnanimous. The true definition of GREATNESS!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	061.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	10235

Name:	298.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	10236

I always love seeing them! Hooray for Ru! I am thrilled that you found something to help her feel more like herself so that you could help her make such tremendous progress with her behavior! I love that Lily is helping!

So much to be proud of!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) mikelg84's Avatar

So proud of Chester, Lily and Ru!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

Proud that you are so dedicated to your boys SM, that you have worked & trained & put so much effort into making those boys the best they can be...you are truly a team!!!

Antonia....girls can be a handful some times....Ru is lucky that Lily has the personality that she has....forgiving & loving...and glad that the CBD oil helped...just wondering....how did you come up with an amount that would work for her? I tried CBD oil for Angel's seizures, but it didn't help.
    and....who is the little cattle dog in the photo...new addition?!!!

Jewel`s Photos

To be able to greet a new dog is an ENORMOUS step for the boys! That was exactly the hope when you got your own place so that the boys wouldn't have to deal with the stress of apartment property sharing. WELL DONE TO ALL THREE OF YOU!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Antonia View Post

Name:	298.jpg 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	10236
    OMG, this is cute overload!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Antonia's Avatar

Antonia`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by nick's spirit View Post
    Antonia....girls can be a handful some times....Ru is lucky that Lily has the personality that she has....forgiving & loving...and glad that the CBD oil helped...just wondering....how did you come up with an amount that would work for her? I tried CBD oil for Angel's seizures, but it didn't help.
    and....who is the little cattle dog in the photo...new addition?!!!
    Nancy, We had a really unfortunate security issue earlier this year. Crazy gunman threatening to kill us al. Very bizarre to say the least!!! During the crazy period we hired a really remarkable man to do some guard duty for us. He worked many nights, staying up all night, patrolling through the night and in the end, after our crazy was safe in jail, refused to accept any payment for services... He also was adamant in his offer of one of his dog's Australian Stumpy-tailed Cattle Dogs. While I initially fled from the idea of another pup!!! we rapidly realized that a smaller, less imposing (terrifying?!) dog that could be loose during the day might really be a good idea. Both the Kangals and Lily are very disconcerting to the general population... So, Skipper came to join the pack. Rona immediately adopted him as her sole charge and their relationship is such as I have never seen. Woe to the human that causes discomfort to Rona's baby!!! Skipper is a great little guy. Never had a cattle dog breed before and I suspect after this one, will never again be without one! He is a really lovely boy and has done a great job draining that last bit of excess energy Rona has! Can't imagine our life without him anymore and even Tyro seems to approve! Skipper may mature with a complex of some kind... He's the size of Tyro's head but seems to have no comprehension that he is not a Kangal dog like everyone else!!!

Name:	014.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	10242

Name:	003.jpg 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	10243

I started Ru on what was considered a high level dose for her weight. I used an online CBD calculator to determine what this would be for her weight. Her condition when we started the CBD was pretty bad. She was really anxious and reactive. The even of a marauding pit bull on the property seemed to totally tip her over the edge and I was afraid to have her with any of the other dogs. I started her on a human grade CBD oil that I was trying out for my arthritis condition. Definitely helped Ru more than me... I was just thankful to find anything that helped calm my precious girl that was so wound up as to be almost unrecognizable... Wish I had more I could offer you and your precious Angel!