Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Hooray, team Mikel and Pippa! Those are some great things to be proud of!
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

thought of this tread last night....

getting ready to call it a night...call the dogs in...the Aussies are right there...no Rudy...hubby calls & calls, looks in all of Rudy's normal "guarding" spots...can't be found.

I go out with a flashlight (cause it's real dark now)....make sure all the fences are closed (they were)...and there by the front gate stood Rudy..on the wrong side, just smilin' away as if to say "aren't I a good boy, I came when I was called, but I don't know how to open the gate!"

turns out hubby opened a gate that we very seldom (like almost never) use & forgot to close it...Rudy of course found it, took a stroll down to the meadow to visit the cows & then back up to our driveway, ending up on the wrong side of the gate!!

Was I proud...you bettcha!!!!

he came, he waited & he didn't go walk about the county like he could have....guess he likes it here at home!

guess he takes this sign more seriously than I give him credit for!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LGD sign 2.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	9572

That is definitely something to be proud of! Good boy, Rudy!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) mikelg84's Avatar

Lately, I have been leaving some food on my plate on purpose and then walk away from the dinning room to see if Pippa eats it or not, and to my surprise, every time I come back, the food is still there. Very surprising! One of these days I will leave some bread on the table before going to work to see if she gets it or not. Right now I'm very proud that she doesn't steal my food when I tell her "No Pippa, this is not for you". She doesn't eat anything that is on the table either. She patiently waits by my side until I'm done eating, so we're making some progress. I don't know if I told you guys, but when she was 7-8 months old she ate an entire tray of cupcakes that I had made the night before. She ate at least 10. She ate everything but the toothpick and the wrap.

So yeah, I'm happy that I can leave some food sitting outside that she could totally reach, but she decides not to take it. YAY!

Iím glad to know Iím not the only one who has eaten 10 cupcakes in one sitting...

As far as learning to leave your food alone when youíre not looking, YAY, PIPPA!!! That is definitely behavior worth being proud of!

I think Pippa is turning into quite the lady!...great going team Pippa!

Rudy is on a roll.....yesterday he woke me up at 6...(he goes out around 4 or 5 AM)....his bark was different...he also came to the bedroom glass door & loudly barked...that got my attention!! Looked out, & there he was barking & running along our fence line...pacing a coyote!! Hubby went out to give Rudy back up...and the coyote took off in the opposite direction.

Rudy proved that he takes his role as LGD very seriously!

Great job, Rudy!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) mikelg84's Avatar

Pippa took a step back from our obedience rules last night, but it was kind of cute and I ended up laughing at the situation.

When I left my work yesterday, I decided to run to the grocery store to buy some groceries and a French baguette. So, I get home and I'm in a rush because I had made plans to play tennis. Pippa gets excited because she can see the bread and is expecting me to give her some. I cut a slice and give it to her. I left the bread on the kitchen counter (which is pretty high). When I come back an hour later and I'm pulling into the garage she's not there. I go to the kitchen and she's not there. I knew she had done something naughty because she always waits by the garage door to greet me. She was hiding upstairs in the bathroom! I ask her to go downstairs with me to play but she refuses. Then I thought, well, she's done something that she wasn't supposed to, but I couldn't tell what it was. For like an hour she avoided me. Late at night when I'm getting ready to eat my meal... where's the bread? OH... EVERYTHING MADE SENSE...

Last weekend, I finally put sod down in the back yard! Two boys approve. However, new sod = two boys who need to make alternate arrangements for going potty and getting exercise while the new grass puts down roots.

We have been walking through the neighborhood, and both dogs have been on their very best behavior. Tonight, we even encountered new dogs from a distance. Sebastian and Chester maintained their composure both times.

Proud doesn’t begin to describe how I feel about them tonight!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B782514B-1BFA-49EF-B4FE-889A0CDA7EA5.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	9610

they are maturing!!

and you are obviously a great team!