Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Snow, I am thrilled to hear that both Kit and Nibbler are feeling so much better. At the same time, though, I am so sorry to hear about your foot. The boys and I hope that you are feeling much much better, soon.

As for those people at Rover, Sebastian and Chester have volunteered to go poop on their lawn. Chester says that he will even eat some peanut butter beforehand, so that it’s extra gross (for the sake of politeness, we’ll just say that peanut butter does not agree with his system).

If you lived here, I would introduce you to the boys’ Uncle K. Uncle K stays with the boys every year when my family goes on our annual beach vacation. The dogs adore him, and I know that they’re in great hands. When I come home, the dogs are like, “Hey, Lady, we’re glad you’re home and all, but when is Uncle K coming over? That guy is super fun!”
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

Snow, you just try to get yourself rested & healed....

It is interesting that Rover will not take at least some part of the blame....but at least you can put out a warning regarding that particular person...

You might want to ask around regarding an in home pet sitter...I know it takes awhile....we have had several now (they keep getting married & moving or having families!!) and I ask them to come over, make sure they & the dogs like each other and even try them out for an overnight.....like you & hubby might want to go & have a date night in a nice hotel some time!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) snow0160's Avatar

snow0160`s Photos

Ahh date night sounds really great right now. I also love the idea of peanut butter lol. I didn’t know it did that haha! You learn something new everyday. I took Kit to the dog park today because she was going stir crazy. She hasn’t been running around since mid February. That is a whole month! She ate a hole in my blinds because she wanted to bark at people outside. She was also able to fish out a book she ate a few months ago out of my bookshelf. How I ask? How do you know to eat the same book? There are other more boring books on the shelf. To be honest, I was quite impressed. How do you do that? I talked to a vet today who told me that pyometra is exceedingly unlikely for a dog her age. Typically it is seen in middle aged dogs. My vet said that her hypoplastic vulva has probably caused the infection.

Jewel`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by snow0160 View Post
    I talked to a vet today who told me that pyometra is exceedingly unlikely for a dog her age. Typically it is seen in middle aged dogs.
    That was what struck me too.

But what is important is that Kit is doing well now. Very happy to hear that Nibbler too is doing much better. But so sorry to hear that you foot is no better. I looked up plantar fasciitis, and they don't seem to have a good way to make it go away?... ugh....

There was something about your favorite book that made it Kit's favorite book too. These dogs definitely have they own favorite things. My first pyr was known to take toys out of the toy basket one by one until she found the one toy that she was looking for. It was clear she had a particular toy in mind because she methodically took each toy out and put it on the floor and when she got to the one she wanted, there was no hesitation, she took it and walked away with it. Of course it was up to the human staff to put everything back into the basket Then with Bijou and Bro, those two for some reason preferred one particular antler chew and ignore the others. I have no idea what it was about the one. There were like 3 or 4 others that look similar but they had little interest in those.

snow0160`s Photos

I am waiting for more definitive answers from Rover's Safety and Trust team who handles this kind of claim. They said they would call me tomorrow at 3-4pm.

I had been in touch with Kit's breeder who is super helpful if I needed a testament from a vet. She has also been very understanding about the Rover disaster and I have some good news!

My breeder asked me to do a column for Maremma Sheepdog Club of America on what life is like to own a companion Maremma! It is for the MSCA's newsletter. Horray! I can talk Kit until your ears fall off (as many of you have seen in my gushy post about Kit) and I am crazy about all LGDs! So one great thing came out of all of this!

snow0160`s Photos

Turns out I have bone bruise and possible fractures on both of my foot on top of plantar fasciitis. I've been complaining about the pain for three weeks and it has not improved at all. I thought it was just a severe case of plantar fasciitis. I'm starting to feel a bit hexed.

Jewel`s Photos

Oh goodness! With both Kit and Nibbler doing better, it's time you just sit back and take it easy... you've no choice but to do that now... Good time to compose the column about Kit the companion maremma!!

snow0160`s Photos

I went to a GP and he thought it was just plantar and then I got xrayed at the podiatrist office today. He told me that I had a bone bruise in multiple locations on both feet. Now I have casts on both my feet and Rx for a wheelchair. I've never broken anything in my life before and when I was a child, my classmates used to think that was odd. Everyone had a story about broken bones except me! I guess I am making up for lost times. lol

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

Snow, the boys and I hope that this streak of bad luck ends for you soon! They are sending lots of get well soon kisses! We are so excited to hear about your column in the MSCA newsletter!

My sister is currently sidelined with a fractured tibia. One of her sons fractured his wrist last week. You are in good company.

I hope you are feeling much better soon!
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian