Old Dawg (Senior Member) snow0160's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

snow0160`s Photos

Default Is your dog more serious or silly?

Is your dog more serious or silly?

--Mine is 100% silly. My previous dog was 90% serious and 10% silly. I had always thought of this breed as majestic and serious but now I know they are just clowns.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Antonia's Avatar

Antonia`s Photos

It all depends on how strong the expression of the doofus gene is. So far, all my dogs (different breeds) tend to have the same overwhelming gene expression leading me to face the glaring question of whether I might have anything to do with it...!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	015.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	9487

Name:	our guard dog.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	9488

Name:	IMG_9735 (2).jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	9489

Name:	018.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	9490

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Christi's Avatar

Christi`s Photos

Apollo is mostly serious, but hen the silly hits, he is over the top silly!

snow0160`s Photos

Haha I love the photos! Kit had that doofus smile the other day. She misbehaves frequently but is so clownish that I cant get mad at her. Apollo sounds like Sahara. She was all business and then she would have her silly moments running around like a doofus.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Shaggys Mom's Avatar

Ingleside, Texas, United States of America

Sir Moose is quite serious. Of course he is 10 1/2 years old. He does make sure we know that an acorn is trying to get in our house thru the roof, or a leave is trying to get at us thru the window. And he does have to let all the dogs within hearing that he is the most handsome, smartest, most loved and spoiled dog in town.

HOWEVER, he can be a little funny when he watns attention. The way he will lay his head on or against you and give you a pitiful look.
    Jerry and Moose

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Christi's Avatar

Christi`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by snow0160 View Post
    Haha I love the photos! Kit had that doofus smile the other day. She misbehaves frequently but is so clownish that I cant get mad at her. Apollo sounds like Sahara. She was all business and then she would have her silly moments running around like a doofus.
    Now Apollo is almost 4 years old, at Kit's age he was a dork. As he has gotten older he seems to be more dignified. Or lazy, take your pick. He was hell on wheels back then though. I sometimes miss the puppy antics.

Jewel`s Photos

Ren is plenty silly. But he's also quite laid back at the same time. Many people have commented on how calm he is since he was a little pup. He is truly generally pretty calm but he has his moments. Just yesterday on our way back from morning walk, he decided to play Kill Mommy. He started jumping up and grabbing my sleeve high up on my arm. He wasn't actually going for my arm; he was trying to grab my jacket. We were passing by this house with roofers working and I heard the hammering stop when Ren was "attacking" me. I know they must have thought I was in trouble with my own dog...

snow0160`s Photos

I wonder if it is an age thing. Sahara was a senior when we adopted her. She was very dignified. My husband. And I used to joke what she would be like if she was human. Wed imagine an old refined British lady. She appreciates the finer things in life like pavements, air conditioning, and cleanliness. People have remarked how calm KiT is as well but I feel like she is on the crazy side for the breed. My doodle is definitely on the extremely calm side. Kit has great spunk and their energy matches perfectly. I really lucked out with having two large dogs under two years.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Zech's Mom's Avatar

Zech's Mom`s Photos

Zech is serious about silly - he gets really serious when I have the camera in front of him but he's a giant goofball and at 8 months I think it's a good mix. That Doofus gene is seriously present in this guy, Antonia those are GREAT pictures!!!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

As a puppy, Sebastian did not have a serious bone in his body. It was all funny bones all the time. I used to say that if competitive canine clowning were a thing, Sebastian would be a Grand Champion. He definitely inherited a double copy of the doofus gene!

As an adult, he has become more serious, but still has plenty of doofus left in him. I have the feeling that you will be able to say the same about Kit in about two years.
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian