Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help

Old Dawg (Senior Member) snow0160's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

snow0160`s Photos

Christi, I'm sorry that Terry didn't respond. I can see why you feel that way at a safe house. One of my friends volunteered at a women's shelter years ago and said the same thing. I hope you have the support system you need. If you need me to contact Terry on your behalf I most certainly can. However, I am not sure she still remembers me because the last time we talked, it was 2009. There are other members in the organization that are easier to reach.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Shaggys Mom's Avatar

Ingleside, Texas, United States of America

I am so sorry for all your woes. I sure hope you can resolve all your problems. I had an uncle (married to my mom's sister) who was a nice, funny guy--til he drank. Then he became mean and would beat the tar out of my aunt. One time he had her on the floor and was sitting on her and hitting in the face with both fists. Their son, then 13, got a baseball bat and hit him. Knocked him out and Kenny thought he had killed his dad. They lived in Colo and we lived in Texas. I didn't know this about him until after he had been killed in a car wreck. I was shocked. He never drank when they came down to visit us, or we went up there.

At this moment my 15 year old granddaughter is in a metal hospital. She took up with the wrong kids at school and started using marijuana and drinking. Then she started cutting her arms with a razor, skipping school, not coming home when she did go. My son & EIL would have no idea where she war. Police picked her twice with a bunch using drgs at the skate park. My son found out she was texting, etc at school, and using her phone to find stuff on computer--like how long certain rugs can be detected, etc. He took her phone and she attacked him, even broke his nose, put a cut over his eye. He is 6' and 130 pounds, she is 5'5" and about 98 pounds, a wisp of a girl, so delicate looking. He could have done something, but he didn't and my SIL called the police. She was put on probation, but has broken it twice, the last time skipping school and going around with a bunch of drop outs, etc using drugs, and cutting herself. She will spend a month in the hospital getting treatments. One thing they did find, her body does not make enough of something called serotonin or something like that. Not sur of the spelling. She will be meds for depression and that lack of what that stuff is when she gets out. We are so worried about her.
    Jerry and Moose

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Christi's Avatar

Christi`s Photos

Things are for sure looking up some. I am home, with the furkids and we are making a new routine. My landlady came by today, cleaned my house (for free) and then did some grocery shopping for me. My leg doesn't swell like it was and I am hoping to be put in a walking boot Wednesday. I have decided not to go to Florida. It has been my dream to live up here in these mountains, so why should I let him take that from me too? We are working on finances and I have a line on getting some actual help for myself.

Thank you for sharing your stories with me, it helps to know I am not alone.

Jewel`s Photos

Sending big hugs and positive energy to you and the furkids!

And BTW, I can't believe Apollo is almost 4!!!! Seemed like yesterday we were talking about not to worry and Apollo would catch up in size in time...

Christi`s Photos

I know Jewel! Time sure does fly. Another update, as it seems the universe has decided to really stretch my mind to the limit. I woke up this morning at around 4 am, swearing I heard Tommy's voice. SO I figured may as well go pee while I am up, rolled to the bathroom and noticed several things in the floor that were not there when I went to bed. It was dark in the house though and Roxy has been known to drag things out to chew on. I came back from the bathroom and Tommy gets up off my couch, walks out the front door and says "come on boys" to the dogs. He left the front door wide open and Roxy trotted along behind him. Thankfully Apollo hesitated and I was able to stop him from going. Apollo is always either in the fenced yard, or leashed to go out, so he wasn't really trying to go out the door. So I slammed and locked the door, and called 911. Tommy dumped an empty 12 pack box in the floor, and a bunch of cigarette butts and drug mud everywhere. I have an order of protection, so he is back in jail, and I pray they don't drop the ball and let him out again. This is the second time he has violated a no contact order, so I am pretty sure he will be held this time.

Flock Guardian (Moderator) Terry's Avatar

WOW Christi this guy sounds pretty friggen spooky!!! Good Apollo stayed in the house.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

not exactly the wake up you needed!!!

so glad Apollo hesitated....is Roxy back with you now?

I guess they are so used to him being there, they didn't alert you.....time for new locks?!!!

it's sounds like you are on your way to making a life for yourself & the dogs...I send all my positive thoughts your way that this will happen for you....

and your land lady is an angel!!!
    a good reminder to be kind & try to lend a helping hand

Christi`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by nick's spirit View Post
    not exactly the wake up you needed!!!

so glad Apollo hesitated....is Roxy back with you now?

I guess they are so used to him being there, they didn't alert you.....time for new locks?!!!

it's sounds like you are on your way to making a life for yourself & the dogs...I send all my positive thoughts your way that this will happen for you....

and your land lady is an angel!!!
    a good reminder to be kind & try to lend a helping hand
    Not a good way to wake up at all!!!
    I am so thankful he did hesitate, and yes Roxy was on the porch when the cops showed up.
    New locks are already on the house, landlord sent a locksmith this morning.
    I am trying to, and will continue to try to.
    She is an angel, I am so grateful to her for everything she has done.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    WOW Christi this guy sounds pretty friggen spooky!!! Good Apollo stayed in the house.
    Yes he can be, when he is off his meds.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Tsunibear`s Photos

Christi I am so sorry you are having to go through all of this. If you ever need to vent I am here and I have been thinking about you.

Christi`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Tsunibear View Post
    Christi I am so sorry you are having to go through all of this. If you ever need to vent I am here and I have been thinking about you.
    Thanks Hun.