Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help

Old Dawg (Senior Member) mikelg84's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

I am very sorry to hear your story, Chirsti. I wish I was more familiar with rescues in your area. Wishing you a happy ending for Apollo. I hope your vet can find a place for him despite his aggressive behavior.

And if you don't mind me saying (I don't want to meddle in your life), please, stay away from abusers. No one deserves to be abused. I hope that you find a way to start a new life without your husband, because he seems to be a very bad influence. Sorry this is happing you you.

*Sending you love and positive thinking*

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

Christi...I hope that there is a way for you & Apollo to remain together

nice that he gets along with your Uncle...and what a wonderful man your Uncle must be to come when you need him the most.

I hope that Tommy gets the help he needs...but he does have to realize, meds are not just for when you are feeling the need...they are forever with a situation such as his....you are a kind person to ask his case worker to come to court with you & help Tommy...

please check in with us when you are able & let us know the out come of the court tomorrow...

be safe, be strong, get some rest....I can feel your positive thoughts are already working

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nick's spirit View Post
    Christi...I hope that there is a way for you & Apollo to remain together
    I second this. Sebastian was my rock during the time that the ex was subjecting me to his worst. I really don’t know how I would have gotten through it without him.

Sending you lots of love and superhero vibes in the hopes that both you and Apollo can stay safe together. You have already been through too much.

I already said this in a PM, but will repeat it here in case anyone else is grappling with surviving abuse. Someone recommended the book “Why Does He Do That” by Lundy Bancroft to me, and it was incredibly helpful.

The boys and I are sending big big giant hugs. Please keep us posted, and stay safe!
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Old Dawg (Senior Member) mikelg84's Avatar

Christi, sorry if I came across too bluntly and rude about your husband. I would like to publicly say that I am no one to judge your husband. I shouldn't have said that you need to stay away from your husband, because 1) I don't know him 2) I don't know what your situation is. So I would like to apologize for saying that. In my mind I thought that you were being abused because of what your said about being safe without him and the reasons why he is in jail now.

Please keep us updated about Apollo. I hope you can find a way to have him with you. I agree on what Sebastian's mom said about the unconditional love that these animals give and the moral support they give.

And one last thing, I was wondering if Apollo's behavior might have been caused or aggravated by your husband mental illness. If this is stressful for you it is also for Apollo

SENDING YOU A BIG HUG FROM MICHIGAN.

Mikel

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Zech's Mom's Avatar

Zech's Mom`s Photos

Christi I am sending my prayers and much strength for you and Apollo. I could not imagine having to deal with losing my dog on top of and because of such violence and abuse. much Love and may a path forward together for you both be at your feet!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Christi's Avatar

Christi`s Photos

Again thank you, I understand the knee-jerk reaction to abuse, and It is ok. The thing is with Tommy is he has been great for many years, he takes his meds, has a good job that he does well. but such is the nature of mental illness. I truly think the pressure of my injury, surgery and extreme neediness was a part of his stopping his meds. He absolutely knows better. n the 10 years we have been together we have not ever even argued. Doesn't mean he is coming back, but I do feel it is important to take his illness into account.

As to Apollo we have been dealing with aggression for a long time. This is his genetics, and my present situation has nothing to do with it. His father is also very aggressive and we believe that is why he is. His parents bred by accident and a young age and the aggression hadn't manifested in him then. I may be able to stay longer, and we are working at a solution now. I have more time than I thought so its not as critical as I thought at first. I was really in panic mode at the time and everything seemed to be a matter of life and death. I have court in just about an hour and at that point I will know more. I am going back home sometime after court and will update you all then.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Tsunibear`s Photos

Hey as someone whose been abused and has also taken care of a mentally ill person I understand where you are coming from completely and will support whatever decision you make. My Grandma was bipolar and schizophrenic so when her meds weren't right or she hid them she would get mean and throw forks at me or hit me with a broom stick but, on a meds I was her world. So again I will fully support any decision because, only you know whats best for you.

Christi`s Photos

Thanks, Tsuni!!! Ya know this is hard. We are a family and we had a life together. Now it is in shambles. I came home tonight, and my dogs were all over me. Tommy was here today getting his stuff and they got to spend a lot of time with him as well and now tonight they are both sticking really close to me. I have an order of protection and we are not allowed contact for a year. He is fighting the charges so there will be a trial and I will have to testify. So I am stuck here until march. So I am going to take some time and just enjoy being back with my babies then work on where to go from here

Old Dawg (Senior Member) snow0160's Avatar

snow0160`s Photos

I’m sorry you have to go through this. It sounds like you are having some quiet time with your furry buddies and that is always nice. Did you reach Terry at FL Pyr Rescue?

Christi`s Photos

I called and left a message, but she hasn't returned my call as of yet. Honestly I have been focused on finding help for me to just get through the next few weeks. Being in the safehouse was really hard, I had constant distractions and as hard as my house is to get around in right now, that place was a million ties worse.