Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Jewel`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by snow0160 View Post
    I raked her outside once and then got yelled at by a board member on the HOA.
    Ugh...

I gave Ren a bath yesterday at a self-serve place. I didn't dry him completely with the industrial dryer because I had to go somewhere else. But I thought he was mostly dry... I was wrong. 9 hours later his undercoat was still wet. He blew his coat back in September, and so is now in full coat. I had a hell of a time brushing him out. I couldn't get a comb through and had to use the rake to get through the tightly wound damp undercoat. The rake didn't pull out that much undercoat but what it did pull out a lot of it went everywhere. My rug is covered in the superfine undercoat.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

Snow, you should move to our neighborhood! I can’t imagine an HOA board member here yelling at anyone for raking their dog in their own yard.

I’m finally laying sod in the back yard next weekend (hooray!), so today I rototilled all of the dirt in the yard to prepare. Not only did I manage to cut through my internet cable, but I also found a bunch of Sebastian hair wrapped around the tines a few times. The hair seems inescapable sometimes!
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Zech's Mom's Avatar

Zech's Mom`s Photos

OMGosh I love every single post in this thread

To add to the universal Joy we are sharing...
    My Shiba inu is blowing her coat she literally is like a cat tail.. a bloom of hair opens then at random EXPLODES into enough hair to contaminate an entire room! brush her before they "open" and most nothing will come loose...

Snow I showed hubby your shed defender and while we agreed Zech would take Sebastian's line of objections... my Shiba started pawing me and wagging her tail!!! ( she was paralyzed at 7mos from waist down... 99.99 functional in her own way now but that tail only shows on the REALLY GGOD STUFF... ) I may have to find her one...

My luck though is my shedding season is also usually mud season... I give up on a really good clean for about a month.... it's easier on the psyche to treat it like a "season" and don't over stress it until it is manageable on more than a 12 hour basis... LOL Love my fur babies...

Old Dawg (Senior Member) snow0160's Avatar

snow0160`s Photos

Zech’s mom! I feel your pain! I have mild dog allergies and it is going nuts. Kit likes to sleep on my sofa and bed. The sofa and bed have been giving me hives. I had to wash the sheets and cover twice. Hopefully the washing works!
    I’ve never had a shedding season quite like this before. I think Jewel’s explanation about pyrs loosing their dense coats after spaying is the reason for all this hair. I hope dog hair is nutritious because Kit’s undercoat is flying everywhere in the air. I even have an air hepa filter. I probably eat and breathe in a lot of hair everyday.

Sebastian’s mom, I would love to move there! Our dogs would make the best buddies as would we! I enjoy your story about the lawn. I have found some fossilized Sahara hair under my entertainment unit. I was very sentimental and kept it. That kinda makes me weird but I miss her!

Jewel: I bought a force dryer for my goldendoodle and use it on Kit. When I do this, our living room looks like it is snowing. Now, I have to groom her exclusively in the bathroom because the cleanup job takes longer than a full groom. If you have a 100Lb plus dog, how do you give it a bath indoors if you don’t have a shower? I’ve always wondered about that.