Puppy (New Member)

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Default What to feed puppy

I have a 12 week old Golden Pyrenees puppy who developed loose stools. He was on Blue Wilderness Puppy food, has seen vet and had been dewormed. We are currently boiling beef and mixing with rice. Looking for the best alternative. Any suggestions would be grateful.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Christi's Avatar

Christi`s Photos

Hi and welcome. congrats on your new puppy, pictures are always welcomed!!! We love pictures of cute puppies. My dogs can't eat blue, it tends to be very rich which equates to loose stool. I think a lot of dogs have this issue with Blue products. It is great, high quality but just doesn't agree with certain dogs. Personally I like Zignature. My dogs do very well on it. For the loose stool try a couple spoonfuls of canned pumpkin, make sure t is plain pumpkin and not the pie filling. Its good stuff with help with either loose stool or constipation. I am including a dog food adviser that give rating based on ingredients etc, so you can check out other ones.

https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Christi View Post
    Hi and welcome. congrats on your new puppy, pictures are always welcomed!!! We love pictures of cute puppies. My dogs can't eat blue, it tends to be very rich which equates to loose stool. I think a lot of dogs have this issue with Blue products. It is great, high quality but just doesn't agree with certain dogs. Personally I like Zignature. My dogs do very well on it. For the loose stool try a couple spoonfuls of canned pumpkin, make sure t is plain pumpkin and not the pie filling. Its good stuff with help with either loose stool or constipation. I am including a dog food adviser that give rating based on ingredients etc, so you can check out other ones.

https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/
    ^^Great advice on the pure pumpkin for loose stools.

To the OP-
    As far as dry food is concerned, we had the same issue when Koda was a pup years ago (Blue Buffalo = loose stool) Then we made the switch to Fromm grain free and had no issues. Koda and Nala both eat home-made raw food now so I cannot comment on if anything has changed quality wise. The website mentioned above is a great reference tool for researching new dog foods. Good luck!
    Why are you yelling at me? What do you mean I have been barking for 40 minutes straight?? Didn't you see that horrible white thing blowing around outside? Oh wait that's all my hair from when you brushed me earlier. I still don't trust it...