Old Dawg (Senior Member) Shaggys Mom's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Ingleside, Texas, United States of America

Default Home again, Home Again JiggadY Gig

A week ago Friday I had a mild stroke, what they called a TIA. It started with my left foot and leg feeling like they were full of cement or something. And numb. But I have diabetes and it has damaged the nerves in my feet, but didn't think that this heaviness was caused by it. Then I started walking "crooked", was like my left foot and leg didn't want to do whet I told them to do. Now, I broke my right hip 5 years ago and where they put those 5" screws in has started to hurt some and sometimes causes me to limp. AND I have sciatica which affects my LEFT leg and causes me to limp or walk funny. I didn't notice anything amiss with my left hand til I sat down here to type something and noticed my fingers on left hand didnt' work right. I still didn't say anything to Jerry, which I know is 100% stupid. But when I walked around and was walking so crooked and my left started buckling under me I said something and he took me to hospital

They can't run an MRI becaue of all the hardware in my leg and chest. They did a CAT sc an and it showed no tumor or bleding in rain. Chest x-ray was clear, EKG was good, but blood pressure was horrible---203/75. Normal for me is between 90 to 110 over 60-70. Was assigned a room but the3y kept me in ER until my BP went down to 150/70. It was 4:00 in the morning before I was taken to my room and I had not had any sleep as they took my BP every 15 minutes and were always coming in to asked me question. About 8:00 they took me and put dye in my vein and scan the blood vessels in my brain. Some were narrowed a little, but nothing to really cause this mild stroke, and nothing to truly worry bout as long as I watched my cholesterol. Did the dopler on my neck, no trouble therel Did a echogram of my heart and nobody ever said anything much about that.

NO REST for the wear in hospital. I as on IV, so had to go potty every 4-5 hours as I was also drinking lots of water. At 10:00, go potty, turn off TV, go to sleep. Woke up t midnight for vitals. Back to sleep ,wake again around 2-2:30 to go potty. Woke up again at 4:00 for vitals, back to sleep. Woke up again at 5:30 for blood draw. Awake agin about 6:15 for my thyroid med and some thing. Awake again at 7:00 to give my breakfast order. Breakfast at 7:45 so was still awake for 8:00 vitals. Back to sleep, pill time, back to sleep physical therapy time, back to sleep, time to give order for lunch. Back to sleep after lunch and noon itals, woke up for afternoon therapy, 4:00 vitals, order supper, and all this doesn't count the other times I war woke up to stick my finger for blood sugar level, injections of insulin, taking my other pills, and going to potty! I have Type 2 diabetes and at home take a pill and non insulin Victoza injection, but there they don't keep that, so give you insulin. Has been like that ever time I hav been in hospital

The doctor kinda wanted me to go to rehav when I got out, but I said NO I was coming home. The therapist said she didn't see a problem with me coming home as long as I had a home therapist come out. So it was set up for a therapist to come out here. My left leg still feels a little weak, but I don't bounce off walls, walk crooked or have my leg buckled any more, and don't ven use the walker. Dont' look to have the therapist long.

I tell you Sir Moose was SOOOO happy to see me come in the door after I was gone all those days. He even followed me into the bathroom! And boy was I glad to see him.. Well, I want to to come here, and each time it said there was a problem. Scared me--last time I kept seeing that the golden forum I was on at the time had chust down. But I kept checking and sure enough, here today.
    Jerry and Moose

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Zech's Mom's Avatar

Zech's Mom`s Photos

Shaggy's Mom what a horrible week or so you've had!!! Prayers for your complete and swift recovery and better days forward!
    I bet Sir Moose was glad to see you! I have had multiple problems logging in here also over the last few days... Made my heart hurt to think this could all just disappear and I'd never be able to talk to anyone here again.... Take Care of yourself and let sir moose give you all the lovin' you need!!!! He has the happiest most contented look in every picture......

Jewel`s Photos

Oh goodness! Very glad you are home with Jerry and Sir Moose again. Please take care of yourself! Sir Moose needs his home cooked meals

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Antonia's Avatar

Antonia`s Photos

What a challenging experience! I'm sure both Jerry and Sir Moose are very happy that you are back home where you belong! Hope you can focus on recovering and get some rest so you can enjoy family time at Christmas! Hugs to you!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

I am so glad that you are home and starting to feel better! I canít imagine how much the gentlemen of the house (Sir Moose and Jerry) missed you while you were in the hospital!

The boys and I send lots of love to the three of you, and hopes for your full and speedy recovery!
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

glad you are home, resting & being taken care of with lots of attention from Sir Moose...

hope you have a wonderful Christmas...home with your guys!