Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Welcome to the forum, Queen Danaerys! I agree that your tribute to your sweet Cubby was beautiful! I canít imagine how much you must miss him.

I am certainly no AKC Breed judge, but Dani is quite the gorgeous girl! Thank you for giving her the loving home every dog deserves!

Yes, please, we would love to see pictures of Cubby when you get a chance!

Also, the way I usually share videos here is to upload them to YouTube and post the link here.

I canít wait to hear more about Dani, Cubby, and your other pups!
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Puppy (New Member)

So Dani has been with us a few weeks now. I'm in love. She is already my special lady. Reminds me so much of Cubby. She is eating well, has gotten up to date on all vaccines, and even was boarded successfully with her roommates over Xmas at the vet. A good batch and grooming helped some of the matting. She is out of her shell, and has partnered with our same age hound mix puppy of 50 lbs. Thick as thieves! Potty training is good. No regular mishaps. Just one ever now and then if we do last call before 10pm. But I have a question. She is spending nights outside sometimes. It's 15 degrees here now, and I invited her inside a few times with success just now but she went back out, walked our big porch and fenceline, and every time ended up at top of porch stairs sleeping. Should I make her stay inside? She doesn't seem to mind inside at all. In fact seems to love it. But I don't want to suppress her needs as a watchdog? What do you think? Also, do your Pyrs follow you around the house? Do they "make rounds" and Check on every beating heart in the house late at night multiple times? Is she anxious? Even noses the cats and checks on them as well as my wife and I and other dogs. She doesn't seem worried. Almost like a camp counselor taking a head count. I have so many pics and vids of all of them, including Dani being pulled on her belly across living room by the smaller dog via a tug play rope. Hahaha. Excited to shoe you all Cubby pics and vids, too. I will post first thing in AM. Thanks again you all. Lastly, can you tell me why or how to change the way replies are presented? When I open thread, I don't see original post first. It shows last response. It's backwards and driv3s me a little batty. Lastly again, lol, can you tell me the best type of inside "bed" and size bed?

Puppy (New Member)

Also, she lost 2 lbs over 4 weeks we have had her. She was tied up before. So maybe new lifestyle lost her 2 lbs? Also, what do y'all feed your puts? Type, brand, and amount? Worried she isn't getting enough. She is 8 months and right at 70 lbs. She looks like she should weigh 90 plus easily. The vet SWORE scale was broken hahahaha. But second scale confirmed.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Shaggys Mom's Avatar

Ingleside, Texas, United States of America

Hello and welcome. And congrt on your new "love". Isn't amazing how fast a dog cane get into your heart. I grew up with English Setters (we wer quail hunters). A lost Irish Setter fell into my lap and heart and I had hime 8 years followed by another one for 12 years. Before losing Boots, my son got a golden retriever for duck hunting and we had 6 of them, losing the last one in Oc.t2016. We hd actually adopted her at age 11.

and the Pyrs. Lost our golden girl Honey in Oct. 14, and since we had always admired Pyrsm I s=researched, put in application to adopted and adopted a blind 7 yer old. Shaggy ws an amazing boy we only had 3 1/2 weeks before an unknown tumor on his spleenruptured. We then adopted Sir Moose ou present and very much spoiled boy. With each loss--my first being way back in '56, an English setter puppy I got for my 11th birthday, my heart has been crushed with each loss but a new dog entered very soon.
    Jerry and Moose