Old Dawg (Senior Member) Shaggys Mom's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Ingleside, Texas, United States of America

Default SNOW For Sir Moose

Okay, we live on the Texas coast up about 150 miles from Mexico. Is in the bend and is called The Coastal bend. Christmas Eve 2004 we came out of the early Candlelight Service at church--about 6:30 and it was sleeting which surprised us. Went to th fellowhip hall for cookies, coffee or hot cocoa, came out about 30 minutes later to head home for the boys & families to come over--and it was snowing. We sure couldn't believe that---and it was sticking. In just that short time the roads were getting covered and icy. Got home and youngest son called from Corpus Chrisit, which is about 20 miles from our little town--and said they couldn't come. All the roads were shut--every raod leading out of corpus ever corsses one of the bays or the river and all were to icy. Then oldest called and said he was scared ot drive on these streets. Hubby being a corss country trucker drove on them every winter, so he went and got them.

It snowed way into the morning and Christmas morning we inches here. Was the first snow in something like 35 years and had only been an inch then. And never on Christmas. It is called the Miracle snow. Funny thing, Jerry had just gotten in from Canada that afternoon and everyone was surd he had BROUGHT it with him. But it had actually come from the south down at Brownsville, and followed the coast, hitting Corpus, here, on around to Port Lavaca and over to Houston and on to Louisiana. It only went inland about 50 to 75 miles. My SIL in Austin called and asked if it was true we were getting snow down here on the coast and they wren 200 miles north of us and getting none. Yep, true.

Well,Monday it was 83. Was up to 80 Tuesday morning and then turned cold that afternoon. Was cold all day Wednesday--for this area, only up to 50, and then yesterday, only up to about 45. Youngest son called and said to bring our plants in, we were going to get a freeze and snow. Then older son called and said same thing. We brought in what plants we could and covered what we could, but still didn't think we would get snow. But I started snowing about midnight and was still snowing some when I got up a little after 7:00---to find, according to weather, almost 3" of snow! I took pictures in back yard, and when Jerry got up we went out and I took some of him with Sir Moose, and he took some of me. Neighbor came out to take pictures and was saying how goofy this yer was....first we got the first direct hit by a hurricane we had had in 47 yers. And now, just a about 3 1/2 months later, only the 2ed snowfall we hd had in about 50 yers. Crazy! I took one of the pictures in the back yard and if Sir Moose didn't have the coloraing, he would hard to find. Hubby is dressed in jeans, but I have on my gingerbread "comfy pants" as I called them. At thick flannel and so warm. I put on a cap, but not glvoes and came in and my hands were like ice cubes with icicles hanging from them! een a long time since we lived in Ohio and had snow and cold like this--and I was young, just turned 20 Now at 72, the cold sinks into my bones.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4116.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	9364Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4117.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	9365Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4119.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	9366
    Jerry and Moose

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

The snow is absolutely gorgeous! What great pictures!

I hope the three of you are now warm and dry inside!
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

snow can be beautiful....glad that Sir Moose got a chance to be out in it..

now you all get back in the house & have some hot cocoa!!!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Zech's Mom's Avatar

Zech's Mom`s Photos

OMGosh Shaggy's MOM I have to say Sir Moose is just beautiful, I love his colors,
    but most EVERY picture of him he has this Smile... So happy and involved, and content...
    I Love when you add pictures!!!
    BUT I hope you all stay safe and warm... remember that wet snow is way heavy to move around...
    I am in DENVER and we have had NO SNOW YET it has been so weird this year, I had Geraniums until 2 days ago.
    Geraniums and Christmas lights is not a Denver thing....

Thank you for an AMAZING share, it's hard to think of recovering from Harvey to having Snow....

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you, Jerry, Sir Moose, and your Entire family four footed and two!!
    Lori & Zech and family...

Jewel`s Photos

How beautiful! I laughed when I saw the strip of white in south Texas on the news last evening. It's sooooooo unusual. Enjoy but be careful!

Dry up here in North Texas but we got our first hard freeze. This morning I left the house with Ren for his walk wearing pretty much just 3 layers of cotton. Somehow I just wasn't thinking. It was in the mid-20's. I thought I was gonna get frostbite. My fingers were frozen, my toes were frozen, and my face was frozen. Ren of course thought it was perfect temperature.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Tsunibear`s Photos

I am so jealous! We have had 3 days of rain so far this year. Southern California is on fire and we got no rain to help them out never the less snow.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) mikelg84's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggys Mom View Post
    Okay, we live on the Texas coast up about 150 miles from Mexico. Is in the bend and is called The Coastal bend. Christmas Eve 2004 we came out of the early Candlelight Service at church--about 6:30 and it was sleeting which surprised us. Went to th fellowhip hall for cookies, coffee or hot cocoa, came out about 30 minutes later to head home for the boys & families to come over--and it was snowing. We sure couldn't believe that---and it was sticking. In just that short time the roads were getting covered and icy. Got home and youngest son called from Corpus Chrisit, which is about 20 miles from our little town--and said they couldn't come. All the roads were shut--every raod leading out of corpus ever corsses one of the bays or the river and all were to icy. Then oldest called and said he was scared ot drive on these streets. Hubby being a corss country trucker drove on them every winter, so he went and got them.

It snowed way into the morning and Christmas morning we inches here. Was the first snow in something like 35 years and had only been an inch then. And never on Christmas. It is called the Miracle snow. Funny thing, Jerry had just gotten in from Canada that afternoon and everyone was surd he had BROUGHT it with him. But it had actually come from the south down at Brownsville, and followed the coast, hitting Corpus, here, on around to Port Lavaca and over to Houston and on to Louisiana. It only went inland about 50 to 75 miles. My SIL in Austin called and asked if it was true we were getting snow down here on the coast and they wren 200 miles north of us and getting none. Yep, true.

Well,Monday it was 83. Was up to 80 Tuesday morning and then turned cold that afternoon. Was cold all day Wednesday--for this area, only up to 50, and then yesterday, only up to about 45. Youngest son called and said to bring our plants in, we were going to get a freeze and snow. Then older son called and said same thing. We brought in what plants we could and covered what we could, but still didn't think we would get snow. But I started snowing about midnight and was still snowing some when I got up a little after 7:00---to find, according to weather, almost 3" of snow! I took pictures in back yard, and when Jerry got up we went out and I took some of him with Sir Moose, and he took some of me. Neighbor came out to take pictures and was saying how goofy this yer was....first we got the first direct hit by a hurricane we had had in 47 yers. And now, just a about 3 1/2 months later, only the 2ed snowfall we hd had in about 50 yers. Crazy! I took one of the pictures in the back yard and if Sir Moose didn't have the coloraing, he would hard to find. Hubby is dressed in jeans, but I have on my gingerbread "comfy pants" as I called them. At thick flannel and so warm. I put on a cap, but not glvoes and came in and my hands were like ice cubes with icicles hanging from them! een a long time since we lived in Ohio and had snow and cold like this--and I was young, just turned 20 Now at 72, the cold sinks into my bones.

Name:	100_4116.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	9364Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4117.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	9365Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4119.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	9366
    I love this!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) mikelg84's Avatar

We are spending Christmas in Northern Michigan and it is very very very cold. -4 this morning but felt like -17 with the wind.
    It's being hard to spend time outdoors with Pippa, but I am trying to let her play in the snow for a little bit every day when I take her for a walk.

Name:	IMG_8547.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	9420

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

What a gorgeous photo of the two of you!

I must admit, I am not built for cold weather. Once it drops below about 40, you will find me in full cold weather regalia. The outfit you are wearing in that photo looks like something I would have on when itís about 70 here! I envy you, because it is far more stylish than anything I wear in the cold!
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian